Easier photo uploading

Mon, 16th Apr 2012 - 4:15 p.m.

Uploading race photos to the website should now be easier.

Firstly, a simple change: You can now upload your photos straight from each race page, which saves you from having to manually tag each image with the appropriate race. That should make things a little easier no matter which browser you are using.

Secondly: If you have a lot of images to upload and are using a modern browser you can now upload a whole batch in one go by selecting several files from your file browser.

Thirdly: Again, if you have a modern browser you will see a message saying you can drag and drop files straight from you desktop onto the race page. Doing so will upload those images automatically.

For the full experience use the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox or, if you are on a Mac, Safari. If you are on Internet Explorer you will still have to upload each image one at a time but it should still be easier than before.

As always, let me know if you run into any problems or if anything does work quite right.

Mon, 4th Jun 2012 - 8:45 a.m.

Doesn't work on iPad 3 :-)

Mon, 4th Jun 2012 - 9:33 a.m.

I should update the user interface to make this clear, but unfortunately it looks like iPads don't allow file uploads from their web browser at all.

Sun, 2nd Nov 2014 - 9:37 p.m.

Hi, I've got some photos from today's Frostbite race but as there is no race set up on the website (because it's an external race?) I can't see how or where to upload them. Can you help? Thanks

Sun, 2nd Nov 2014 - 9:58 p.m.

I've added the race to the site for you http://pactrac.co.uk/events/2923/

Wed, 5th Nov 2014 - 6:22 p.m.

thanks!