Error Messages

Fri, 31st Oct 2014 - 6:25 p.m.

Hi Alan, I've been trying update a post by using the edit button.

When I use this it kicks me out of the system and does not allow me to update the post.

Am I doing something wrong or is there a fault on the system. I've tried it on different posts and get the same message.

Other members do not get the same error when trying to edit a post. So I wondered if there might be something different about my profile. Please could you take a look and let me know the outcome many thanks

Sue

Fri, 31st Oct 2014 - 7:12 p.m.

Hi Sue,

Steve Hope asked me to get rid of the post you accidentally put in the wrong place which I have done.

You should be able to edit the posts you created. What do you see when you go to this page http://pactrac.co.uk/forums/post/1971/edit/ What is the main title of the page you see?

Fri, 31st Oct 2014 - 7:36 p.m.

I get "Page not found

Sorry, but the requested page could not be found."

Fri, 31st Oct 2014 - 9:51 p.m.

That's what I would expect from your account as you didn't create the posts. Though perhaps as you are an admin on the site you should be allowed to edit it anyway. In fact I thought you could but it seems not.

Sue, I was a bit trigger happy with the delete command and had to restore some of your posts from a backup. It looks like I got everything, but I don't know for sure. Hopefully all looks fine, but I'm very sorry anyway and I'll use this an excuse to further improve my backup system.