National Relays.

Mon, 29th Jun 2015 - 5:21 p.m.

Details of the National Relay Championships are here:

Saturday 22nd August 2015 at the National Water Sports Centre, Adbolton Lane, Holme Pierrepoint, Nottingham. NOTE: This is the week before the Bank Holiday weekend.

PACTRAC have had teams competing for many years now. In 2014 over 2000 athletes and 100 different clubs competed.

The distances are: swim 500 metres in the lake, bike 9 miles, run 3 miles.

The cost is £164.00 per team of four, so £41 each plus £5 for any non-BTF members.

Saturday AM: 08:45 - Teams of 4 men or 4 women.
Saturday PM: 13:45 – Mixed Teams.

Each member of the team individually swims 500metres, before tagging their team mate, and so on, and so on, until all four athletes have completed the swim. Each athlete then individually completes the 9-mile bike, until the last team member then tags the first team member to start the 3-mile run section ... so everybody gets a rest between each discipline.

On Saturday morning, the various men's and women's categories will be racing for National Championship Awards - junior, senior, vet 40 & vet 50. In the afternoon, the mixed categories will compete.

Teams are made up of 4 athletes, either all male, all female or two of each or 3 and 1, (to qualify for National Championship medals all 4 team-members need to be members of the BTF, but this is not what we are entering for, so all are welcome).

Open teams (Saturday afternoon), are those that have a mix of male and female, or have any non-BTF members.

Registration Times: Saturday 7am – 8.15am and Saturday 12pm – 1pm.

Transition will be opened from 8am to 8:30am on Saturday for the first two team members to rack their bikes; and from 1:15 to 1:30pm for the afternoon race.

Race Briefing is at 8:30am and 1:30pm.

Start Times Saturday Morning Male & Female 8.45am. Saturday Afternoon Mixed 1.45pm (Approx.)

Please respond on the Forum or by email to sjhope@tiscali.co.uk if you want to compete. We will sort the places out nearer the time, to try to get some competition amongst ourselves. We had 6-teams entered not that many years ago, so all are welcome. We will probably enter teams in the Open Category on Saturday afternoon, unless anybody requests otherwise. Some people have already stated that they wish to be in a team, but can you please respond again, now that we have the above information.

Thanks.
Steve.

Wed, 15th Jul 2015 - 11:03 a.m.

So far we have:

Jon Crowley
Susie Freeman
Steve Hope
Nick Forscutt
Luke Starsmore
Sean Pooley
Craig Mills
Abi Schofield
Sean Beard
Ros Goatly
Chris Waghorn.

Room for more ...

Thu, 16th Jul 2015 - 4:03 p.m.

Steve, It's not the Bank Holiday weekend, it's the weekend before (bank Holiday is 31st)
Also are you aware of the new race formats this year,
Relay x 4 (Saturday) - 500m Swim - 15k Bike - 5km Run
Tag Relay (Sunday) - 250m Swim - 5km Bike - 1.5km Run
TTT (Sunday) - 500m Swim - 10km Bike - 3km Run

Mon, 27th Jul 2015 - 11:15 a.m.

Any more news on this Steve?

Wed, 29th Jul 2015 - 11:15 a.m.

We have 11 members signed up for the National Relays on the afternoon of Saturday 22nd August. We have entered 3 teams, so please advise on the Forum if you want to be in a team - it's not too late (or email sjhope@tiscali.co.uk). Cost is £41pp payable on the day, and it's great fun.

Nobody has expressed any interest in Sunday's racing, which might involve a Team Time Trial on Tri-bikes and narrow pavements, so ...

... unless we hear differently, Saturday pm is a go. Please enter here, if you have not already done so.

Wed, 12th Aug 2015 - 12:01 p.m.

3 teams entered x4 = 12 people needed.
We have 11 so still need 1 more. Plus it's still not too late to enter another team, if there is sufficient interest.

Thu, 13th Aug 2015 - 2:56 p.m.

We race on Saturday 22nd August at 1:45pm so we'll need to all be there by 12:30 because Registration closes at 1:00pm and I'll need your BTF cards. Anybody late will have to pay the extra £5 even if they're members of the BTF.

We still need 1 more person to make up a third team.

Thu, 13th Aug 2015 - 9:44 p.m.

hi Steve
a couple of things, I do not hold a BTF licence can I pay extra to cover that, or do I need to arrange the licence. do we all make our own way there or is there lift shares and transport for the bikes. if anyone can fit me in that would be great. My number 01778 380693 or 0771 5531896. if you can not fill the extra space will you just enter the two teams.

Thanks
Chris Waghorn

Thu, 13th Aug 2015 - 9:59 p.m.

Steve

Have you got contact details for Simon Tailby Think He joined Pactrac similar time to me, he might be interested in the last place.

Fri, 14th Aug 2015 - 5:23 p.m.

If you're not BTF it's just an extra £5 on the day to cover you for Day-Insurance. I will have to present the BTF cards at Registration and £5 each for all others.

Did Abi offer you a lift? Nothing else sorted on that front at the moment. I'm still trying to get 1 more competitor.

I have entered 3 teams, so we are all in. Just need 1 more to fill the space, but all 3 teams are in.

Mon, 17th Aug 2015 - 11:57 a.m.

We have 3 teams for Saturday:

Jon Crowley
Susie Freeman
Steve Hope
Nick Forscutt
Luke Starsmore
Sean Pooley
Craig Mills
Abi Schofield
Sean Beard
Ros Goatly
Chris Waghorn
Adam Madge.

Sun, 12th Jun 2016 - 8:55 p.m.

This year the National Relays are over the August Bank Holiday, so I won't be around to organise .... http://www.osbevents.com/events/triathlon/triathlon-relays-championship-2016/

We will need somebody to organise the teams, sort the money etc, if we are going to put any teams in.

Sat, 25th Jun 2016 - 7:33 a.m.

Hi Steve I would be interested in being part of a team again for the National Relays really enjoyed that last year.
thanks.