Breca SwimRun

Wed, 30th Sep 2015 - 9:45 a.m.

Hello,

Was anyone looking at this race for next year?

www.brecaswimrun.com

I was interested but had no-one to race with and the organisers advised me that they wouldn't pair up strangers to race as you'd need to train with your racing partner and need to support each other on race day too.

Is anyone interested in pairing up to make a team for the race?

A.

Wed, 30th Sep 2015 - 4:27 p.m.

I haven't checked it out yet, but I would be as long as the dates are ok. Been wanting to do a swim run for years.
I'll get back to you later with a definite.

Thu, 1st Oct 2015 - 10:19 a.m.

You'll need to be quick guys as only one space left... get on it, it's going to be great.

Thu, 1st Oct 2015 - 6:01 p.m.

Hi Andrea, unfortunately I'm out for this. The date clashes with another event I have planned for next year. Sorry.

Sun, 4th Oct 2015 - 9:14 p.m.

Hi Andrea,

This event sounds interesting, I've recently joined PACTRAC with the intention of improving my swimming. I'm quite familiar with Buttermere and the surrounding area so it would be nice to train for something like this.

Let me know if you're still interested?

Tom

Thu, 15th Oct 2015 - 9:06 a.m.

Hello Tom,

Unfortunately the race is now full. The limited entries made it like trying to get festival tickets!

A.

Thu, 15th Oct 2015 - 9:14 a.m.

I just had a quick look on their Facebook and they have increased the teams of two from 50 to 100, I was going to register yesterday and spoke to the organiser he said its possible to register as a single person then amend the entry once Ive found a team mate.

Thu, 15th Oct 2015 - 1:48 p.m.

I just checked their facebook page and came here to say exactly the same thing! Will you register as a single entrant then? I may do the same if it's possible to secure a place as I'm still very much interested in doing the race but had not other interest in forming a team.
Did you want to meet up for a chat about forming a pair?
Andrea.

Thu, 15th Oct 2015 - 2:12 p.m.

Hey what I meant by single entrant was that you have to enter a team but you can add a second person at later date. Anyway I plan on booking it tomorrow when I get paid but I'm interested in a forming a pair, do you go to any of the PACTRAC training sessions?
Tom.

Thu, 15th Oct 2015 - 2:55 p.m.

I swim every Monday now, will be adding every Friday as well once I cancel my current gym membership (no point in paying for two). I intend to ride the Saturday rides each week but am away this weekend.
I'm about in Peterborough/Stamford anytime though.
Andrea.

Thu, 15th Oct 2015 - 3:27 p.m.

<deleted>