Interest for additional bike session?

Wed, 28th Oct 2015 - 9:56 a.m.

As part of my BTF L2, I need to deliver some coached bike sessions. It is not possible to coach on the open road, so there are two possible choices. Can you please tell me what your preference is from the following:

1. Skills sessions (gears, brakes, descending, cornering etc). Would be outside in a traffic free area. Would run 4-6 of these to start with. Mainly suitable for development group, although all are welcome.

2. Weekly turbo session around the Thrapston area. Would run an 8-12wk block, working on strength/threshold power. Suitable for all abilities.

Let me know here, or in the forum thread, or by message/email if you don't want to post.
I would need at least 6 people who could commit to a minimum of 4 sessions.

Wed, 28th Oct 2015 - 8:34 p.m.

Hi Tristan. I am interested in anything that will improve my rubbish cycling. The problem I have is that I work very irregular hours on a 5 week shift pattern, so can't do a fixed day or time each week. If you get your group of six, and don't mind me attending when I can, I would love to have some input on how to improve.

Thu, 29th Oct 2015 - 10:34 a.m.

Hi Tristam,

Similarly to Kate, I would be interested in either, but also limited by work hours and other training commitments.

Thrapston area is ideal for me so I would endeavor to attend as many as possible. I should think I could commit to 4.

My cycling is really poor and my fitness elsewhere really doesn't translate so t is something I'm looking to improve on.

Cheers,

James

Fri, 20th Nov 2015 - 6:30 p.m.

OK, thanks for all the feedback on this and on the FB post. I have decided to add an extra session as a turbo training session on a Thursday night. We have linked up with our friends who already have a session running, and will combine our session with this one. The session is between 75 and 90 mins, so a very high quality block.
The session is held at the Queen Victoria Hall in Oundle on a Thursday night. Arrive at 7:00pm for a 7:15 start. Parking can be tight, so allow extra time and car-share if possible.
The session costs £5 cash each - again, this is a 90min session, so great value.