Sun, 8th Sep 2013 - 6:15 p.m.

6th October 2013 Riverside Runners Priory Park

3rd November 2013 Bushfield Joggers Bushfield Sports Centre

8th December 2013 Hunts AC Hinchingbrooke Park

12th January 2014 March AC Whitemoor Prison

2nd February 2014 Bourne Town Harriers Bourne Woods

2nd March 2014 BRJ Hinchingbrooke School

All races: Junior start 10:15, Senior Start 11:00

First 7 men and 3 ladies count for points, but this is a race for everyone. We especially need at least 3 ladies for each race, otherwise points are lost. No pressure! Repeat: This is a race for everyone.

http://www.frostbiteleague.org.uk/

Tue, 10th Sep 2013 - 4:28 p.m.

Will you be entering a Junior team ?

Tue, 10th Sep 2013 - 5:15 p.m.

Hi Paul.

Yes, the Juniors do about 1-mile at 10:15am.

We have been a bit short of Juniors over the last few years, but Dave Patmore-Hill and Wendy Gooding (and Sam Fielding) should hopefully be getting a few more of their Junior squad there this year.

Tue, 10th Sep 2013 - 5:20 p.m.

Great stuff, I will get my two little ones down. Do you have and vests in stock ?

Tue, 10th Sep 2013 - 6:22 p.m.

Great news Paul...we have training starting this Saturday if there interested?

Tue, 24th Sep 2013 - 8:25 p.m.

Hi all,

It's nearly October, Frostbite season starts again!

Next Sunday 6 October is the first race. As always, this is in Priory Park, Huntingdon Road in St Neots, starting at 11am. Directions are on: http://www.frostbiteleague.org.uk/Default%20page/Race1_riverside%20map%20oct2013%20iss1.pdf

The course is all in the Park; mostly on grass plus a few bits on forest tracks; no tarmac. Off road shoes or even spikes are an option, but if it's dry, normal running shoes are fine.

For those who are new to this: Frostbite is a series of 6 races organised by and for 16 local running clubs. Each race is about 5 miles, and usually on the first Sunday of the month from October to April (exact dates are in Steve's first post on this topic). It is a team race in which the first seven men and the first three women count for the club. Entry is free. The only condition is that you have to wear some form of Pactrac kit. And there are trophies at the end of the year for the best male and female Pactrac runner of the series (who I get to pick so you know who you need to bribe).

We didn't do very well in the past, but the last two years were much better. We finished 7th overall two years ago, which was our best result since the 98/99 season. Not bad for a bunch of triathletes! Last year was a bit more difficult and we got 11th.

Everyone is welcome; you don't have to be a top runner, these are great friendly events with 100s of runners of all possible levels. Even if you are not in our scoring teams, you may still be taking points off other teams. And they are good races to track your fitness compared with others, and compared with previous years. It is usually quite difficult for us to find enough women to race, so ladies are especially welcome.

Please let me know if you are interested, preferably on the Forum, otherwise on jjf_99@hotmail.com. It would be good to get a feel for who is running, so that we know if we have a complete team or not, and need to do some rallying.

Please note that there is also a Juniors Frostbite series for under 16s, with 1.5 mile races starting at 10.15 at the same venue. I'm not organising our team for this though - please speak with Dave Patmore-Hill if you are interested.

Thanks
Jaap

Tue, 24th Sep 2013 - 10:26 p.m.

Hi Jaap

I will only be able to do the one at Bourne Woods. Sorry.

Kate

Tue, 24th Sep 2013 - 10:44 p.m.

I've put the dates in my diary. At the moment think I can make all but December.

Wed, 25th Sep 2013 - 8:34 a.m.

Looking to cycle to St. Neots. In the past we have met in Stilton High Street and cycled from there. Let me know if you want to cycle there.

Mon, 30th Sep 2013 - 7:20 p.m.

Hi all,
I've received some confirmations, but not quite enough yet for a full team. Please confirm if you intend to run on Sunday.
Thanks,
Jaap

Mon, 30th Sep 2013 - 9:02 p.m.

Hi Jaap
I will be there on Sunday.
Steve

Mon, 30th Sep 2013 - 9:57 p.m.

I'm away or working for the first 3, but am keen to make it for races 4,5 and 6

Mon, 30th Sep 2013 - 10:11 p.m.

Hi Jaap

I will be running on Sunday

Regards
Cath

Wed, 2nd Oct 2013 - 3:39 p.m.

I'm hoping to run on Sunday

Wed, 2nd Oct 2013 - 8:37 p.m.

Hi all,

Just four days to go to the start of the new Frostbite season! This Sunday 6 October, 11am, in Priory Park, Huntingdon Road in St Neots.

At the moment it looks like we'll have more women than men in our team for Sunday, so it would be good to get some more male confirmations (and more ladies as well of course).

The weather forecast looks fine, 18 degrees and dry, so normal running shoes would be fine, or off-roaders if you have them.

Entry to the race is free, but you do have to wear some form of PACTRAC kit. We are about to receive a set of brand new running kit, but in case this doesn't arrive before Sunday, Giles has unearthed a bunch of old PACTRAC vests. So this is a last opportunity to get yourself some vintage kit, for just £10, or even £5 for the really old stuff. Let me know if you want to buy any. Who needs an Ironman tattoo.

Thanks,
Jaap

Wed, 2nd Oct 2013 - 9:42 p.m.

I need to purchase some form of vest please

Wed, 2nd Oct 2013 - 11:10 p.m.

Jaap, I'm hoping to run Sunday, however, I can't confirm until the weekend. Regarding the vests, if you can bring along a small and a medium of both styles I may purchase one depending on fit.

Thu, 3rd Oct 2013 - 8:22 a.m.

That's fine Paul, we'll see if you are there on Sunday. I don't think there are any smalls in this old set but we should have some when the new vests come in.

Thu, 3rd Oct 2013 - 1:21 p.m.

Hi Jaap, I'll be there on Sunday but I don't have any PACTRAC kit so will need to buy a vest.
Cheers
Dave

Fri, 4th Oct 2013 - 3:42 p.m.

Looking to cycle to St. Neots. Meet in Stilton High Street. From Norman Cross head into Stilton and we will meet on the right before you get to the center of the village, opposite The Stilton Cheese Inn. Meet at 8:50am ready to leave by 9:00am. Cars can be left there.

Last time it took us 1:25 hours to cycle the 25 miles to St. Neots, along the old A1, so we have plenty of time. Let me know if you want to cycle there, so that we will wait.

Mon, 7th Oct 2013 - 2:49 p.m.

Decent turnout yesterday and some very good results, for the usual hot October Frostbite. No official results available yet.

Please take a look at Mariska's photos on the race page (http://pactrac.co.uk/events/1434/) (they also show up on the home page) and marvel at how the facial expressions change from lap 1 to lap 2 to the finish... Great to see some impressive dips to the line, especially Steve Hope giving his all to take two valuable points:

Sat, 26th Oct 2013 - 7:55 a.m.

Hi all,

Some good running at the first Frostbite in St Neots 3 weeks ago, on a late summer Sunday.

Our seniors ended up in 10th place. We were well clear of Bushfield in 11th, but very close to places 6 to 9, only a few more points would have put us up there. So we are looking up! Look out for Bourne, Yaxley and Werrington next week, they are the ones to beat.

Next week is the second leg of the Frostbite season. As always, this is at Bushfield in Orton, Peterborough. However, both the Race HQ and the route are slightly different from previous years.

As the website says:
This year we will meet at the Ormiston Bushfield Academy PE2 5RQ and not the Recreation Centre where we have meet in previous years. The Academy is located almost next door to the Centre. Free car parking will be available in the main Bushfield car park please follow the signs and marshals directions for parking. There is a map on: http://www.frostbiteleague.org.uk/Default%20page/Race2_Bushy%20map%202013.pdf

The course is also slightly different, but similar: as always it's a combination of roads and foot-/cycle paths through the Orton estates and business parks, with a section of forest track thrown in. This time the forest track is between miles 1.5 and 3. Course map: http://www.frostbiteleague.org.uk/Default%20page/Race2%20Frostbite%20Route.pdf

As always: the start is at 11am, it is free to take part, it's a club race and everyone (from super fast to super slow) contributes, both by scoring points and by contributing to club feel (in random order)! All you need is to be a member and wear some form of Pactrac kit. Let me know if you need to buy any.

Please let me know if you are planning to run.

Jaap

Sun, 27th Oct 2013 - 3:01 p.m.

Hi Jaap,

I will be running again

Steve

Mon, 28th Oct 2013 - 10:45 a.m.

I will be there Jaap. I have the flags and gazebo to bring also.

Tue, 29th Oct 2013 - 8:01 p.m.

hi jaap
Me and Nick Forscutt will be running on sunday and we both need a pactrac top Large if possible
Thanks sean

Wed, 30th Oct 2013 - 9:12 a.m.

Hi Jaap
I would like to run in the frostbite on Sunday and will need a PACTRAC top

Cheers
Tony Brown

Wed, 30th Oct 2013 - 7:54 p.m.

Hi all,

Thanks for the confirmations. There should be plenty of Pactrac tops - probably still old skool, hope that's okay. Good to hear Roz that you've got the flags & gazebo!

I've got 6 men and 1 lady fully confirmed plus a few maybes. Would be good to get a few more firm yesses!

Thanks,
Jaap

Wed, 30th Oct 2013 - 9:12 p.m.

hi jaap luke starsmore is running sunday he will also need a top see you on sunday

Thu, 31st Oct 2013 - 9:22 p.m.

Sorry Jaap, I can't make this one.

Fri, 1st Nov 2013 - 8:00 a.m.

Hi all,

For Sunday's Frostbite race at Bushfield, Peterborough, we have 7 men and 1 lady currently confirmed, so it would be good to get a few more. It looks like we'll have good running weather and we usually do well at Bushfield, so it should be good. We will also finally have a PACTRAC flag (and a gazebo for when it does rain) as a meeting point, so look out for that.

And as I wrote last week: if you see anyone from Bourne (sky blue), Yaxley (yellow with green) or Werrington (yellow with blue) just ahead of you with the finish in sight, give it a little bit more!

Jaap

Fri, 1st Nov 2013 - 9:29 a.m.

Hi Jaap

I plan to run Bushfield on Sunday

Cheers & see you there!

Fri, 1st Nov 2013 - 9:48 a.m.

See you there Jaap

Fri, 1st Nov 2013 - 10:39 a.m.

I will be there Sunday

Fri, 1st Nov 2013 - 5:01 p.m.

I'll be running on Sunday. My first Frostbite. I'll need a vest please.

Fri, 1st Nov 2013 - 9:42 p.m.

Hi jaap, am cycling over with mark weathersby and maybe rob Hammond on sunday..have you got a vest that mark can buy think he might be a medium,thanks

Sun, 3rd Nov 2013 - 8:36 a.m.

Hi Jaap,

Cally, my partner, has completed a membership form and will pass it to Georgina today so that she can also take part.

She will need a vest or tee shirt.

Regards

Steve

Mon, 4th Nov 2013 - 7:18 p.m.

Hi all,

A great turnout and some very impressive results yesterday: despite missing our top runner Paul, we finished 7th on the day and are now also up to 7th overall.

We did have a few DQs I'm afraid: 1 for not wearing club kit and 2 for wearing headphones (you know who you are!). We will have to be stricter about this for future races.

It looks like the organisers were a bit trigger happy though and have also DQd a few of us who were not breaching rules. I've asked them to change this - if they do, then we may even end up 6th on the day!

Jaap

Mon, 4th Nov 2013 - 8:27 p.m.

As you say, a great turnout yesterday Jaap. If we can manage that every race without falling foul of the rule book, it could be a good year.
Roll on next month!

Tue, 5th Nov 2013 - 8:02 a.m.

The organisers have agreed to reinstate Neil Tandy (in 34th) and Sheena Coxhead, so that should indeed move us up to 6th. Individual results have been corrected, team results to follow.

Sat, 30th Nov 2013 - 12:17 a.m.

Hi all,

Good running and a great result at the Bushfield Frostbite last month. We came 6th in the end, well done all.

Next Sunday is this year's 3rd Frostbite race, at Hinchingbrooke Park in Huntingdon. As always it starts at 11am and is free to enter, but you do have to be a member and wear club kit (let us know if you need any). It's a team race where the first 7 men and 3 women score points and all others comtribute too by taking points away from the other teams. Frostbites are also good social events to catch up with clubmates about race plans and boast about winter training.

The course is similar to last year's (maybe even the same, it's quite complicated and hard to remember). A combination of grass, muddy and firm forest paths and tarmac. Definitely one for offroad shoes. For those that like to visualise their race, good luck:
http://www.frostbiteleague.org.uk/Default%20page/Race3%20Hinchingbrook%20course.pdf

Unless you are very early (before 10am I'd say), the organisers suggest parking at the Huntingdon race course
http://www.frostbiteleague.org.uk/Default%20page/Race3%20Information.pdf. This should be a half mile walk to the Park.

We are now in 7th overall, which is where we finished two years ago in our best season of the century. Our main competitors now are Fenland, just one point behind, so watch out especially for their white and purple vests. Still, we can also look up: we have beaten teams like Ely and Werrington in the past, especially when our better runners are racing.

Please note: you will be disqualified if you wear headphones and if you don't wear club kit, so please comply with those rules of the race.

Please let me know if you plan to race. I'm hoping to be there but can't be sure because of the new baby. If not, Giles Cooper will step up to coordinate on the day.

Thanks,
Jaap

Sat, 30th Nov 2013 - 1:44 p.m.

I can't make it, but congratulations Jaap and Mariska on the birth of baby Hugo. I'm hopping around in Europe, which is what Jaap and Mariska USED to do!

Sat, 30th Nov 2013 - 2:47 p.m.

Hi I'm looking to enter my first frostbite would it be possible to put my name down to borrow a pactrac top?

Sat, 30th Nov 2013 - 8:58 p.m.

hi jaap i'll be there as well as luke starsmore. Congrats on the new addition to your family

Sat, 30th Nov 2013 - 10:01 p.m.

Thanks guys! Yes, those days of freedom are all gone...

David, good to hear you'll be there. Let us know what size you need.

Tue, 3rd Dec 2013 - 9:34 p.m.

Hi Jaap, I think a small or a medium would be fine for me. Congratulations too!

Wed, 4th Dec 2013 - 8:51 p.m.

Great news Jaap and Mariska, I'm really pleased for you both.

I will be there on Sunday.

Regards

Steve

Thu, 5th Dec 2013 - 6:45 p.m.

Hi all,

As usual on the Thursday before the race, I'd be keen to get more confirmations for Sunday's Frostbite at Hinchingbrooke. I've heard back from only 5 or 6 people, men only - would be good to know who else is planning to be there and make sure we have at least the three ladies that we need for the team score.

The weather up to Sunday looks dry so it shouldn't be too muddy - normal running shoes should be okay if you don't have offroad shoes.

Please don't forget that car parking is at the Huntingdon horse racing course, just off the A14, Junction 22 at Brampton – Postcode: PE28 4NL. And remember to make sure to beat any Fenland Runners around you!

Thanks
Jaap

Thu, 5th Dec 2013 - 7:52 p.m.

Jaap, I'm in, see you Sunday.

Thu, 5th Dec 2013 - 9:00 p.m.

I'm in too.

Subject to Mat making it home in one piece from BC Christmas party to bring the little cheerleaders along.

Fri, 6th Dec 2013 - 7:46 a.m.

And me

Fri, 6th Dec 2013 - 12:08 p.m.

I will be there too Jaap... congratulations to you both on your new arrival!

Sat, 7th Dec 2013 - 12:47 p.m.

Forgot to say: we are starting to run low on Pactrac running kit that we have for sale (something with the suppliers apparently). So could you please bring along any spare kit that you have, for new runners to borrow if needed? Thanks!

Sat, 4th Jan 2014 - 5:28 p.m.

Hi all,

Next week is leg 4 of the Frostbite season, at Whitemoor Prison in March. As always, it's a 5 mile run, starting at 11am and entry is free. All you need is some form of Pactrac kit and a valid membership. Let me know if you need either.

Everyone is very welcome - you'll contribute to the team whatever your result, and it's a good social club occasion as well. This year the meeting point is March AC's Clubhouse on Longhill Road March PE15 OBL (which is just down the road from the previous meeting point at the Prison). For directions, see: http://www.frostbiteleague.org.uk/Default%20page/Race4%20MarchAC%20directions%202014.pdf

The course is broadly the same as in previous years - only the start and finish have been moved a bit. It is a mixture of grassy tracks (first 2 and final 2 miles) and tarmac (mile 3 and last 200m). All flat as you would expect in March.

We were 11th in last month's race. We had a good number of runners but were missing some of the faster regulars. The differences were small: one more 40min female and two more 32.30 males would have got us to 6th. We only lost one place in the overall rankings though and are now in 8th. Our main competitors are still Fenland and now also Ramsey - so keep an eye on those white/purple and red tops when you are sprinting for the line...

It would be great to see a large group of Pactrac'ers again. You can see it as a good last test run for Folksworth 15 the week after, or even for the Pactrac Handicap on 26 Jan. Or you can see it as a nice run in a friendly environment with a large group of runners of all abilities. Or as a chance to meet up and talk tri season planning with clubmates. Or even do it to help us overtake Fenland (tied in 8th) and BRJ (3 points ahead in 7th). Or all of the above.

Let me know if you intend to run!
Jaap

Sat, 4th Jan 2014 - 7:23 p.m.

Jaap, apologies I'm not going to be able to make next week, sadly I have to spend the week snowboarding in Austria. Should be good for the Feb FB.

Sat, 4th Jan 2014 - 8:00 p.m.

Hi Jaap,

I would like to run the Frostbite at March but don't have off road shoes. Will my normal trainers do the job?

Thanks

Jemima

Sat, 4th Jan 2014 - 8:21 p.m.

Good point. Yes, normal shoes should be fine on the March course. It's partly firm track, partly grass.

Sat, 4th Jan 2014 - 8:30 p.m.

Thanks Jaap. I should be there then.

Sun, 5th Jan 2014 - 12:10 a.m.

Hi Jaap
If you have any old kit in medium I could borrow or new kit I can buy on the day, I'll be in.
Steve

Sun, 5th Jan 2014 - 10:54 a.m.

Hi Steve, we will definitely have something for you to wear. See you next week.

Sun, 5th Jan 2014 - 2:28 p.m.

Ok Jaap thanks see you there.

Mon, 6th Jan 2014 - 11:55 a.m.

myself and Steve are hoping to be there (+flags!)

Mon, 6th Jan 2014 - 2:53 p.m.

Hi Jaap, I'll be there. See you Sunday.
Dave

Tue, 7th Jan 2014 - 5:41 p.m.

hi jaap me and nick forscutt will be there see you sunday
sean

Fri, 10th Jan 2014 - 1:40 p.m.

Hi Japp,

I'll be there, so will my Son Oliver.

Cheers.

Stuart

Fri, 10th Jan 2014 - 7:24 p.m.

Hi all,

From those who have confirmed we should just about have a full team - but of course the more the better.

It looks like a decent day on Sunday and should hopefully be dry enough underfoot. If you don't have offroad shoes, normal running shoes should be fine.

Quick tip: there is a narrow gate after a few 100m, so it is smart to start a bit more toward the front than you would normally do.

We have a few vests left for new members, but it would be great if everyone could bring along any spare Pactrac kit.

Thanks,
Jaap

Sun, 12th Jan 2014 - 3:41 p.m.

Glove - Garneau Flexzone
Did anybody lose a right hand Garneau glove at Frostbite this morning? I picked one up next to our flags when we left.
Giles

Sun, 12th Jan 2014 - 10:24 p.m.

Hi just wanted to apologise for not turning up this morning for the run I was looking forward to it but unfortunately something urgent came up. Hope everybody ran well and the club scored well.

Mon, 13th Jan 2014 - 9:45 a.m.

Giles - the glove belongs to Mark Weathersby. I am swimming at Oundle on Monday's so if you can arrange to pass it to me then, I'll drop it round to him as he lives in Kettering.

Mon, 13th Jan 2014 - 9:55 p.m.

Thanks Ros, will bring along next Monday unless you are doing Folksworth on Sunday?

Tue, 14th Jan 2014 - 12:07 p.m.

Next monday will be great Giles - I'm not at Folksworth.

Wed, 29th Jan 2014 - 8:25 a.m.

Hi all,

This Sunday is leg 5 of the Frostbite season, in Bourne Woods. As always, the race starts at 11am, is free to enter, and all you need is some form of Pactrac kit (and a valid membership). This is the woodiest, most off-road and muddiest of the Frostbites, so it should be fun!

Race headquarters is at Westfield School (PE10 9QS) in Bourne; you can find directions on http://www.frostbiteleague.org.uk/Default%20page/Race5%20Bourne%20Directions%202014.pdf

We had good individual results last month, but only just enough runners to make a team, which didn't help the overall team result. It would be great to see a larger group of Pactrac'ers again. We are now 10th overall, but 8th is still a realistic target: we have March AC and Ramsey just ahead of us, so look out for the blue and the red shirts.

Let me know if you intend to run so that I have an idea of numbers. Also let us know if you need to buy Pactrac kit in order to take part.

Thanks,
Jaap

Wed, 29th Jan 2014 - 10:38 a.m.

I'll be cycling there. Andy Gregg will need a running top. Our latest kit order has arrived in this country, but not yet at Pactrac; but we do still have some in stock.

Thu, 30th Jan 2014 - 1:06 a.m.

I will be there, and as Steve says, I am keen to buy a running top.

Thu, 30th Jan 2014 - 12:05 p.m.

Hi Jaap,

I shall be there again this week.

See you there!

David

Thu, 30th Jan 2014 - 10:52 p.m.

I'll be running Jaap.
It's one of the most enjoyable runs of the series so hopefully we will get a good turnout.

Fri, 31st Jan 2014 - 5:02 p.m.

hi jaap i will be running this week see you sunday

Fri, 31st Jan 2014 - 6:36 p.m.

Hi all,

With responses thus far we've got just about enough men, but we will need a few more ladies to make a team.

The weather forecast is looking good for a jog through the woods, so let me know if you intend to be there!

Thanks,
Jaap

Sat, 1st Feb 2014 - 12:23 p.m.

Hi all,
Could everyone please bring any spare Pactrac running kit to tomorrow's race? Thanks,
Jaap

Sat, 22nd Feb 2014 - 3:32 p.m.

Hi all,

Next Sunday is the last Frostbite of the season. It's in Hinchingbrooke (Huntingdon) again, but with a different start and course than where we raced in December. It is the same as last year's final race though: there is about 1km of road, but the rest is track - some might be very muddy, depending on the weather. It's 5.3miles, so adjust your goal times! See:
http://www.frostbiteleague.org.uk/Default%20page/2014%20BRJ%20Senior%20Frostbite%20course.pdf

The Race HQ is Hinchingbrooke Park School (Postcode PE29 3BN). Car parking will be a bit of a challenge, so everyone is encouraged to car share - or cycle in, we are triathletes after all... For directions and parking options, see http://www.frostbiteleague.org.uk/Default%20page/Race6%20Car%20Park%20Brief.pdf

We had a great result last month in Bourne: another very muddy race. We finished 6th, not far off 5th, despite missing quite a few of our fastest regulars. So well done to all of you who turned out. We are in 10th place overall, but looking up: 11th is 9 points behind, so no worries there. We are only 1 point behind Ramsey, so 9th is certainly achievable. We could make 8th if we are lucky as we'd have to beat March AC by 4 points.

But of course it's not all about the rankings: as always, everyone is welcome, you just need to be a member and have some form of club kit (let me know if you need any). There is no entry fee, the start is at 11am, let me know if you plan to be there.

Series trophies will be awarded after the race, including the Pactrac Runner of the Series trophies. Will it be given out to reward individual top race results, like Paul Vernon's two podium finishes and Yvonne Scarrot's three top 10 ladies results? Or will it go to the kings and queens of loyalty: Roz Giles, Cath Hunt and Steve Coombs who ran every race? Sean Pooley and Sheena Coxhead are also strong contenders.

Thanks,
Jaap

Sun, 23rd Feb 2014 - 2:52 p.m.

I'll be there Jaap, hoping that the weather is kind.

Mon, 24th Feb 2014 - 10:30 p.m.

Jaap, I'll be there, however, I'll not be up to my usual form due to injury recovery (may need a piggyback if any one is feeling über fit!). I seem to remember hearing that the new vests had arrived, can I try on a small and a medium and see what's fits best. Cheers, see you Sunday.

Tue, 25th Feb 2014 - 8:09 p.m.

hi Jaap i will be there

Is anyone else riding over?? im interested if anyone is coming through Thrapston i wouldnt mind tagging along

Fri, 28th Feb 2014 - 7:51 a.m.

Hi all,

Very low response thus far for Sunday's Frostbite. I'm sure more of you are planning to be there. The weather is looking okay so it should be a nice Sunday morning run through the woods. Please confirm so we know we have a team.

This Sunday, 11am start, Hinchinbrooke Park, Huntingdon, free to enter. Directions: http://www.frostbiteleague.org.uk/Default%20page/Race6%20Car%20Park%20Brief.pdf

Thanks,
Jaap

Fri, 28th Feb 2014 - 8:04 p.m.

Hi Jaap,

I shall be there on Sunday. See you there.

David

Fri, 28th Feb 2014 - 9:33 p.m.

See you Sunday

Regards
Cath

Mon, 3rd Mar 2014 - 10:00 p.m.

Hi all,

Brilliant result at yesterday's Frostbite: we were 3rd! I think this might be our best Frostbite race result since the 1998 / 1999 season (when we were 4th overall). Well done team, and bring on next season!

(For those with a historic interest: some fascinating statistics on the Frostbite website, including some familiar and unexpected names for the early Pactrac Frostbite teams. See http://www.frostbiteleague.org.uk/Results/Results.htm and
http://www.frostbiteleague.org.uk/History/History.htm)

We had all seven male scorers in the top 61 and all three female scorers in the ladies top 35. And of course all our other team members contributed by beating enough of the others to reduce their scores. Great effort overall. Our 3rd place has moved us up from 10th to 9th overall - just a few points short of 8th.

The PACTRAC Frostbite runner of the series trophies went to Steve Coombs and to Roz Giles, who both competed in each of the six races, and also contributed most to our results. They got their trophies yesterday and we will post a photo.

Also another good result from the juniors who have had a full team in most races this year and have ambitions to do even better next year.

So that was it for this Frostbite season. Back to swimming in the Nene again in a few weeks' time!

Jaap

Tue, 4th Mar 2014 - 5:03 p.m.

1989/90 to 1995/96 9. 6. 8. 6. 9. 4. 5.
1996/97 FIRST.
1997/98 FIRST.
1998/99 to 2005/06 4. 7. 9. 14. 11. 7. 10. 10.
2006/07 to 2013/14 9. 14. 9. 16. 11. 7. 11. 9th.

The Juniors have been in the bottom three except for:
1995/96 5th/8.
1996/97 4th/8.
1997/98 4th/8.
2002/03 9th/13.
2005/06 9th/12.
2010/11 10th/13.
2013/14 11th/15. so 4 teams below us, which equals our best.

Mon, 14th Apr 2014 - 8:55 p.m.

Hi,
Here is the traditional final message on the annual Frostbite forum, about the Frostbite AGM. This is on 11 May. Any comments or suggestions, let me know and I'll pass it on to the organisers.
Jaap

Tue, 15th Apr 2014 - 10:54 p.m.

Jaap, just one point, Ramsey Runners used to host an XC race, the fixture now seems to have been taken on by March AC around the prison grounds. Currently BRJ and Hunts AC both hold races around hinchingbrooke, albeit slightly different routes. In order to add variety, it would be nice to see the Ramsey course reinstated instead of running twice at hinchingbrooke. Obviously there are a lot of factors that have to be considered when organising events such as these, but no harm in asking.

Fri, 18th Apr 2014 - 9:22 a.m.

Good point, will raise it. (of course the response might be: fine if you want to go ahead and organise it!)

Sat, 19th Jul 2014 - 2:49 p.m.

Hi all,

Paul Vernon has taken the initiative to get us new and good quality running vests from VO2. See photo to get an idea of the design. They will cost something like £15-20. It will be good to also use these at the Frostbites - the black with red will be more distinctive from Ramsey's kit.

Paul is gauging how many will be needed, including sizes, so that we can order the right number. Please respond on the Forum if you are interested.

Jaap

Sat, 19th Jul 2014 - 2:57 p.m.

I will probably want one please. Is there a ladies fit or is it just the standard vest? Thanks

Sat, 19th Jul 2014 - 9:16 p.m.

Seems my earlier post did not publish for some reason; Jemima, yes, the vests are male/female specific. What size would like? The attached pic is of the front view, however, there will be a couple minor changes to the logo positioning on the final order.

For everyone's awareness, I'm assisting Christina with the order which will be placed around the first week in August so that they are ready for the Round Norfolk Relay.

Cheers.

Sat, 19th Jul 2014 - 9:23 p.m.

I'm having problems with my posts, can't seem to edit posts or add pics. Jaap, can publish the front view image of the vests. Thanks.

Sat, 19th Jul 2014 - 9:33 p.m.

Any chance of getting some for the Junior section also?

Sat, 19th Jul 2014 - 9:39 p.m.

Hi Paul,
Please could I order a medium?
Thanks.

Sat, 19th Jul 2014 - 10:58 p.m.

Jemima, done.

Katie, I'll get in touch with Christina when she gets back from France.

Sat, 19th Jul 2014 - 11:00 p.m.

I would like one please. I'm about a size 10, would that be a small?

Sun, 20th Jul 2014 - 7:11 a.m.

Can I order 2 x small please Paul. Cheers

Sun, 20th Jul 2014 - 8:46 a.m.

Kate, I'll check to se if the are female sizes, I know when I ordered the Wyton kit from ronhill, the males were S M L, ladies were 8 10 12.

Paul, noted.

Sun, 20th Jul 2014 - 5:54 p.m.

Hi can I order a medium one please?

Sun, 20th Jul 2014 - 5:54 p.m.

Sun, 20th Jul 2014 - 5:55 p.m.

Sun, 20th Jul 2014 - 6:40 p.m.

You don't get a discount for bulk, Steve.

Sun, 20th Jul 2014 - 7:05 p.m.

Stephen, you must really want one! Ill mark you down for just the one!

Sun, 20th Jul 2014 - 11:11 p.m.

Ha ha ha!

Mon, 21st Jul 2014 - 2:40 p.m.

Please could we get a range of junior sizes too?

ages 8 to 16.... if at all possible.

Many thanks

Sam

Mon, 21st Jul 2014 - 4:17 p.m.

Hi
I would like a medium please
Thanks

Mon, 21st Jul 2014 - 8:54 p.m.

Sam, I was going to suggest this to Christine when she back from France. How many in each size do you envisage us requiring?

Wayne, will do.

Mon, 21st Jul 2014 - 10:03 p.m.

Hi, can I have a medium please?

Thanks

Simon

Tue, 22nd Jul 2014 - 5:21 p.m.

Thanks Paul, it depends on the age group bands they come in but roughly 5 in each 2yr band. What do you think? I am really pushing to get a good team out for the juniors both numbers and ability wise. Hopefully we will get a really good team atmosphere.

Thanks again
Sam

Tue, 22nd Jul 2014 - 7:33 p.m.

Simon, noted.

Sam, from what I'm led to believe, once our initial order has been placed, individuals can order their own vest through VO2. My concern is that if we bulk order 5 for each year group, say 15 - 20 in total (I'm not up to date on actual age ranges) we may end up with aload of vests that don't get used. That said, if you feel that is the best course of action.we'll order them. Let me know what you think. Cheers.

Tue, 22nd Jul 2014 - 7:35 p.m.

Paul - Speaking on behalf of the Dad's of the Junior section I will do my level best to ensure they get sold! :0) - Adrian Tasker

Sun, 27th Jul 2014 - 7:22 a.m.

Sorry Paul, I missed your request. Below is the front view.

I understand there will be changes to the strategically placed wheels shown here...

Sun, 27th Jul 2014 - 8:41 p.m.

A medium for me please

Thanks
Cath

Sun, 27th Jul 2014 - 10:46 p.m.

Will do Cath.

Wed, 30th Jul 2014 - 10:55 p.m.

It's getting towards the time when we need to submit the order for the new vests to VO2 so that we receive them before the RNR. I spoke with Christina this evening and she wants to place the order by the end of the week. With that in mind, if you have not requested a vest already and still want one, you have until tomorrow evening (Thursday 31st) to to let me know your size. The order will then be submitted on Friday.

Regarding the Juniors vests, Christine is going to speak to VO2, however, we'll most likely bulk order these.

Thu, 31st Jul 2014 - 1:02 p.m.

I'll order a Large please Paul.

Thu, 31st Jul 2014 - 6:27 p.m.

Cheers Steve.

Thu, 31st Jul 2014 - 9:42 p.m.

All, I'm about to pass all names and order requirements to Christina. For those that have seen her email regarding sizes, the female fits are all accurate 8, 10, 12, however, the mens are a little on the large size: XS is 38", S is 40" with sizes in 2" increments from then on. I'm taking an executive decision and dropping everyones order by one size, but also adding extra vests of each fit in case people wish to further down size.

Thu, 31st Jul 2014 - 10:10 p.m.

I'll have a size 12 please Paul.

Thu, 31st Jul 2014 - 10:26 p.m.

Jemima, spot on, thats what I've ordered for you!

Thu, 28th Aug 2014 - 10:19 p.m.

For anyone that ordered vests, the expected delivery date from VO2 is around the 7 Sep, as such there will only be around 10 days in which to distribute them. Sue Macleod has kindly volunteered to facilitate the this by bringing the vests to the Oundle swim sessions on each Mon, Wed and Fri prior to the RNR. Vests cost £24 (£20 + vat), please bring along the correct money, Sue is unlikely to have change! For the male vests, please remember to pick up the size smaller than requested as per the VO2 size guide.

Thanks,

Paul

Wed, 17th Sep 2014 - 8:27 p.m.

Hi, I was just wondering what was happening this year with the frostbite races? And whether Pactrac will be racing these? Also is it possible to get the new vest on the first race? Thanks Wayne

Wed, 17th Sep 2014 - 11:38 p.m.

First race is at St.Neots on Sunday 5th October. http://www.frostbiteleague.org.uk/ We will all be there again this year. If you're really keen you could always do the Bedford Triathlon first, and drop into St.Neots on the way home.

The Running Vests have now been received and are with Christina.

Sun, 21st Sep 2014 - 6:08 p.m.

Hi, I'll send out an email and start a new Forum topic in the coming days - now that the RNR furore is over. Jaap

Sun, 21st Sep 2014 - 7:31 p.m.

Sorry guys ha ha only just seen what happened :-) I'd still like to get on in medium please.