Frostbite 2014-2015

Sun, 21st Sep 2014 - 9:01 p.m.

Hi all,

Now that the Round Norfolk Relay is done, we can start looking forward to this winter's Frostbite season. The dates and fixtures have been confirmed and are listed on the website: http://www.frostbiteleague.org.uk. So these are the dates to put in your diary:
5th October 2014 - Priory Park, St Neots
2nd November 2014 - Bushfield Sports Centre, Peterborough
14th December 2014 - Hinchingbrooke Park, Huntingdon
11th January 2015 - March
1st February 2015 - Bourne Woods, Bourne
1st March 2015 - Hinchingbrooke School, Huntingdon

For those who are new to this: Frostbite is a series of 6 races organised by and for 16 local running clubs. Each race is about 5 miles, and usually on the first Sunday of the month from October to April. It is a team race in which the first seven men and the first three women count for the club. Entry is free. The only condition is that you have to wear some form of Pactrac kit (and be a member of course). And there are trophies at the end of the year for the best male and female Pactrac runner of the series (who I get to pick so you know who you need to bribe).

We didn't do very well in the past, but the last three years were much better. We finished 7th overall two years ago, which was our best result since the 98/99 season. Not bad for a bunch of triathletes! Last year we were 9th overall, but with some excellent race results, including 3rd in the final race, which is promising for this year.

Everyone is welcome; you don't have to be a top runner, these are great friendly events with 100s of runners of all possible levels. Even if you are not in our scoring teams, you may still be taking points off other teams. And they are good races to track your fitness compared with others, and compared with previous years. It is usually quite difficult for us to find enough women to race, so ladies are especially welcome.

Please note that there is also a Juniors Frostbite series for under 16s, with 1.5 mile races starting at 10.15 at the same venue. I'm not organising our team for this though - please speak with Dave Patmore-Hill and Sam Fielding if you are interested.

I will send reminder / rallying emails in the week before each race - first one next week, ahead of 5th October's St Neots race. Put it in your diary!

Thanks,
Jaap

Sun, 28th Sep 2014 - 4:55 p.m.

Next Sunday 5 October is the first race of the new season of the Frostbite Friendly League. See previous post for further information about the Frostbite series. As always, Race 1 is in Priory Park, Huntingdon Road in St Neots, starting at 11am. Directions are on: http://www.frostbiteleague.org.uk/Default%20page/Race1_riverside%20map%20oct2014%20iss1.pdf.

The course is all in the Park; mostly on grass plus a few bits on forest tracks; no tarmac. Off road shoes or even spikes are an option, but if it's dry, normal running shoes are fine.

Please let me know if you are interested, preferably on the Forum, otherwise on jjf_99@hotmail.com. It would be good to get a feel for who is running, so that we know if we have a complete team or not, and need to do some rallying.

Thanks
Jaap

Sun, 28th Sep 2014 - 5:20 p.m.

Jaap I will be taking part.

Sun, 28th Sep 2014 - 9:40 p.m.

Count me in.

Mon, 29th Sep 2014 - 9:15 a.m.

I will be there.

Mon, 29th Sep 2014 - 12:47 p.m.

I'll be there for my PACTRAC debut

Mon, 29th Sep 2014 - 2:22 p.m.

For once, the dates seem to fall on my weekends off! Unfortunately I'm injured at the moment, so can't do this Sunday. Hope to be able to join in for November.

Mon, 29th Sep 2014 - 3:29 p.m.

Also, i was wondering if it was possible to collect our new vests this sunday at the frostbite race??

Tue, 30th Sep 2014 - 5:07 p.m.

Do you have enough females running? I think I'm free on Sunday if you need an extra female but not sure I'll help in terms of a fast time.

Tue, 30th Sep 2014 - 10:56 p.m.

Wayne - the new vests will be at the Frostbite this Sunday.

Amy - we'll put you down to run. You'll enjoy it.

Tue, 30th Sep 2014 - 11:29 p.m.

@Steve Excellent because I'll be needing one of those

Wed, 1st Oct 2014 - 7:45 a.m.

Hi Amy, I've only had one lady confirmed for Sunday, so you are very welcome! (you would be anyway).

Wed, 1st Oct 2014 - 2:14 p.m.

Hi Jaap,

I will be there with the Juniors but I was not planning on running as I only started running again last week after about 3 months off. If you are really short I could plob round but I will not be quick!

Sam

Wed, 1st Oct 2014 - 3:56 p.m.

Yay - Sam's doing a Frostbite :)
Just seen on Facebook that Abi will be there too.

Wed, 1st Oct 2014 - 7:56 p.m.

i'll be there jaap with nick forscutt and maybe a couple more

Wed, 1st Oct 2014 - 8:14 p.m.

I will be there, can I pay for vest via internet banking?

Wed, 1st Oct 2014 - 8:44 p.m.

See you all there then! Please could I order a vest and pick up on the morning?

Wed, 1st Oct 2014 - 8:44 p.m.

See you all there then! Please could I order a vest and pick up on the morning?

Thu, 2nd Oct 2014 - 3:01 p.m.

Hi Amy et al. We'll have some running vests at St.Neots on Sunday. The new ones (£24 at cost) have more black in them and are pretty cool. I still have some of the last batch of ladies red tops (£10), but no old men's tops left.

Sat, 4th Oct 2014 - 8:57 a.m.

Jaap
My plans have changed unfortunately I won't be running at tomorrow's frostbite. Good luck to all that compete.

Sat, 4th Oct 2014 - 1:26 p.m.

I have my previous vest (Nike AP branding) if anyone wants it. It's a medium, but has always been a little on the large side for me, so will never be worn again and only end up in a drawer. I've only used it for the frostbites, £5 sound ok? I'll bring it along tomorrow. It's a very fast vest, easily handles speeds of up to 5:30 mile pace!

Sat, 4th Oct 2014 - 2:08 p.m.

Paul I'll take the vest if you still have it.

Sat, 4th Oct 2014 - 2:27 p.m.

Darren, cool, I'll drop by annd pop it through your door at some point.

Sat, 4th Oct 2014 - 3:13 p.m.

If your swimming with Steve at anytime soon if it's easier leave with him let me know and I'll give him the money

Tue, 7th Oct 2014 - 12:54 p.m.

PACTRAC Seniors 7th. PACTRAC Juniors 3rd.

Well done to the Juniors for their best result in many-a-year. 14 Juniors turned out with top Junior Jonathan Oakey (7:56) in 11th place, less than a minute behind the overall winner.

The Seniors got 1165 points giving us 7th place.

If PACTRACers running for other clubs had ran for PACTRAC we would have come 2nd with 540 points. But then NVHs would have dropped points so we would have come FIRST. (3 PACTRACers running for NVHs and 1 for Ramsey would have scored for us). (3 girls running for other clubs, would also have scored for us).

We finally got a load of top male runners out - Jaap was the 7th male qualifier in 42nd place. Just need to get the girls out now!

Oh and really well done to Paul Vernon who won the race outright by a whopping 35 seconds. He also won the Huntingdon Park Run the day before! Nathan Tweedie, running for NVHs, showed great improvement to come 4th overall (He came 2nd in the Peterborough Park Run on Saturday).

We had 19 runners plus another 15 running for other clubs, making 34.

1. Paul Vernon 26:53
....(4. Nathan Tweedie 27:48)
....(11. Mike Chapman 28:37)
....(12. Simon Mead 28:32)
....(15. Sean Beard 28:38)
17. Josh Lunn 29:02
21. Paul Lunn 30:00
22. Mark Weathersby 30:02
30. Rob Brownlee 30:31
31. Sean Pooley 30:32
....(40. Tracy McCartney 31:01)
42. Jaap Flikweert 31:09....7th male counter.
....(48. Frank Holmes 31:23)
49. Wayne Stainsby 31:24
59. Giles Cooper 32:09
61. Nick Forscutt 32:13
62. Rob Hammond 32:15
79. Luke Starsmore 32:58
....(90. Richard Arden 33:22)
....(139. Steve Cook 35:18)
....(152. Claire Piercy 35:39)
188. Craig Mills 37:05
226. Tim Brill 38:21
....(267. Wendy Coxshall 39:41)
....(268. Paul Jephcott 39:42)
303. Amy Young 40:59
....(330. Peter Tebb 42:17)
337. Cath Hunt 42:53
....(348. Sue Davys 43:28)
361. Christina Cork 44:13
384. Sam Fielding 46:05
385 Kate Armstrong 46:07
....(420. Barbara Gunn 50:15)
....(445. Sean Whittaker 61:49).

Tue, 7th Oct 2014 - 9:30 p.m.

Hi to anyone I said hello to, you seem like a friendly enough bunch! Happy I could score for the team, see you all again at Bushfield next month.

Sun, 26th Oct 2014 - 1:17 p.m.

Hi all,

Some great running at the first Frostbite in St Neots 3 weeks ago. Paul Vernon won the race with a big margin and all our male scorers were in the top 42, which must be a best ever for us. We had more than a full team of ladies out as well, and first-timer Amy and Cath scored us some valuable points. The other girls all competed despite recovering from injuries (that's commitment!), which means we should be able to improve our overall result at the next race. We were 7th overall, but close to 5th and 6th - so next week, look out for Ely and BRJ.

Next week is the second leg. As always, this is at Bushfield in Orton, Peterborough. Race HQ is Ormiston Bushfield Academy, which is the same as last year, but slightly different from previous years - for directions, see http://www.frostbiteleague.org.uk/Default%20page/Race2_Bushy%20map%202013.pdf

The course is also the same as last year but slightly different from previous years. It's a combination of roads and foot-/cycle paths through the Orton estates and business parks, with a section of forest track thrown in. The forest track is between miles 1.5 and 3. Course map: http://www.frostbiteleague.org.uk/Default%20page/Race2%20Senior%20Frostbite%20Route.pdf

As always: the start is at 11am, it is free to take part, it's a club race and everyone (from super fast to super slow) contributes, both by scoring points and by contributing to club feel (in random order)! All you need is to be a member and wear some form of Pactrac kit - ideally one of the new snazzy vests of course! Let us know if you need to buy any.

Please let me know if you are planning to run, preferably on the Forum.

PS, well done to the Juniors!

Jaap

Sun, 26th Oct 2014 - 2:43 p.m.

Count me in Jaap.

Sun, 26th Oct 2014 - 2:59 p.m.

I'll be there and, unless his plans have changed, I'm giving Mark Weathersby a lift

Sun, 26th Oct 2014 - 5:28 p.m.

I should be there next week.

Steve

Sun, 26th Oct 2014 - 6:52 p.m.

I'll be there for this one.

Mon, 27th Oct 2014 - 1:41 a.m.

Hi Jaap. Will be there, but still running with one bad leg, so will be taking it carefully again.

Mon, 27th Oct 2014 - 9:38 a.m.

Hi Jaap,

I will be running with Emma (one of the Juniors Mum's) but we won't be speedy!

We should have a good Junior team out again.

Sam

Mon, 27th Oct 2014 - 9:10 p.m.

Hi Jaap, I'm planning on coming along on Sunday.

Wed, 29th Oct 2014 - 6:53 a.m.

See you on Sunday

Sat, 1st Nov 2014 - 4:25 p.m.

Hi Jaap just a quick one to say I'll be there tomorrow.

Cheers David

Sat, 1st Nov 2014 - 5:45 p.m.

Late entry :).....I'll be there tomorrow

Cheers

Simon

Sat, 1st Nov 2014 - 5:50 p.m.

I'll be there.

Sun, 2nd Nov 2014 - 2:38 p.m.

Another good turnout, and I even managed to come away with an Outlaw Water Bottle and 2 tubs of food. How good is that. Last week at Woodnewton I ended up with a pair of shades. It just gets better ...

Seriously - any claimers?

Tue, 9th Dec 2014 - 7:57 a.m.

Hi all,

It seems like we've skipped a month because the Bushfield Frostbite was six weeks ago! Good turnout and good running again. Another great win for Paul Vernon who is going for the full set of six. We came 8th on the day, are now 7th overall and competing with 5 other teams for 5th place. Look out for Ely, March, BRJ, Werrington and Ramsey.

Next Sunday is this year's 3rd Frostbite race, at Hinchingbrooke Park in Huntingdon. As always it starts at 11am and is free to enter, but you do have to be a member and wear club kit (let us know if you need any). It's a team race where the first 7 men and 3 women score points and all others contribute too by taking points away from the other teams. Frostbites are also good social events to catch up with clubmates about race plans and boast about winter training.

The course is similar to last year's (maybe even the same, it's quite complicated and hard to remember). A combination of grass, muddy and firm forest paths and tarmac. Definitely one for offroad shoes. For those that like to visualise their race, good luck:
http://www.frostbiteleague.org.uk/Default%20page/Race3%20course%202014.pdf

Unless you are very early (before 10am I'd say), the organisers suggest parking at the Huntingdon race course. Full directions below:
http://www.frostbiteleague.org.uk/Default%20page/Race3%20directions%202014.pdf. This should be a half mile walk to the Park - not suitable for prams and wheelchairs. There is paid parking at the Hospital.

Please let me know if you plan to race.

Thanks,
Jaap

Tue, 9th Dec 2014 - 5:07 p.m.

Injury finally got the better of me, and I will have to sit this one out I'm afraid. Will be there though to cheer the rest of you on. Bit gutted, as I love running round Hinchingbrooke. See you there.

Tue, 9th Dec 2014 - 10:03 p.m.

I will be a no show for this one as I'm away skiing.

Wed, 10th Dec 2014 - 10:28 p.m.

I'll be digging my PACTRAC vest out and be there for this one

Thu, 11th Dec 2014 - 12:56 p.m.

I should be there.

Thu, 11th Dec 2014 - 4:38 p.m.

I intend to be there.

Sat, 13th Dec 2014 - 1:15 p.m.

I'm running tomorrow too

Sat, 13th Dec 2014 - 3:14 p.m.

Hi all,
Looks like we should have enough men running, but we may not have the required number of three ladies to make a team. Would be good to hear who else is planning to run!
Thanks,
Jaap

Sat, 13th Dec 2014 - 7:33 p.m.

I should be there tomorrow

Sat, 13th Dec 2014 - 7:53 p.m.

Sorry Jaap. I'm still not allowed to run.

Sat, 13th Dec 2014 - 8:21 p.m.

I'm in. Do I need to dig out the dress and pigtails, or do we now have enough female runners?

Sat, 13th Dec 2014 - 8:48 p.m.

I hope to be at FB tomorrow have we got 3 ladies?

Sat, 27th Dec 2014 - 5:30 p.m.

How do i find out if i scored for the club on the last race?

Sun, 28th Dec 2014 - 10:05 a.m.

Top 7 men and Top 3 women. You were 6th counter Steve. Results are here: http://www.frostbiteleague.org.uk/default.html

Tue, 30th Dec 2014 - 9:44 p.m.

Ok cool thanks Steve :-) glad to score some points

Sun, 4th Jan 2015 - 9:23 p.m.

Hi all,

We had a full team in the end at last month's race in Hinchingbrooke - thanks and well done for those that turned up. Another impressive win for our Paul Vernon who is now going for the full set of six wins! Good running from Steve Burton and Gary Cooper who scored some valuable points, well done Yvonne, Amy and Roz for flying the Pactrac ladies flag. We came tenth - but were actually very close to 5th; one or two high scorers would have made the difference. Overall we are now in 9th, part of the peloton from 6th to 10th. The closest competition are Werrington, BRJ, Ely and Ramsey.

Next week is leg 4 of the Frostbite season, at Whitemoor Prison in March. As always, it's a 5 mile run, starting at 11am and entry is free. All you need is some form of Pactrac kit and a valid membership. Let me know if you need either.
Everyone is very welcome - you'll contribute to the team whatever your result, and it's a good social club occasion as well.

The website doesn't have directions or course details yet, but I presume it's the same as last year (if not I'll email again). The meeting point is March AC's Clubhouse on Longhill Road March PE15 OBL.

The course is a mixture of grassy tracks (first 2 and final 2 miles) and tarmac (mile 3 and last 200m). All flat as you would expect in March. This is one race where it pays off to start a bit more to the front than normal, as there is a tight, narrow and slippery bit after just 200m.

It would be great to see a large group of Pactrac'ers again. You can see it as a good last test run for Folksworth 15 the week after. Or you can see it as a nice run in a friendly environment with a large group of runners of all abilities. Or as a chance to meet up and talk tri season planning with clubmates. Or even do it to help us get to 6th. Or all of the above.

Let me know if you intend to run!
Jaap

Sun, 4th Jan 2015 - 10:32 p.m.

I shall be there on Sunday - I have a vest, but not renewed my PACTRAC membership for 2015. I can bring a cheque along on the day, or would you rather I just post it to Georgina?

Mon, 5th Jan 2015 - 10:39 a.m.

Really enjoying the series so I'll be there again

Mon, 5th Jan 2015 - 11:02 a.m.

Scratch that. I've just realised I'm double booked so won't be able to be there now.

Mon, 5th Jan 2015 - 2:43 p.m.

Hi Andy. I can collect a cheque on Sunday if that's easier.
Rob: We've already put you down, so you'll need to cancel the other booking!

Mon, 5th Jan 2015 - 10:00 p.m.

Thanks Steve - I'll bring a chq on Sunday + my running legs!

Mon, 5th Jan 2015 - 10:22 p.m.

@Steve you can be the one to tell my wife then!

Tue, 6th Jan 2015 - 9:52 a.m.

I can't run, but will come down to support and cheer on with family. (Jaap & Mariska happy to entertain the little fella so you can both run)

Wed, 7th Jan 2015 - 7:19 p.m.

Just need to double check but hoping to be there.

Thu, 8th Jan 2015 - 10:24 p.m.

See you there - let's hope we don't get blown away!

Fri, 9th Jan 2015 - 10:24 p.m.

Sorry Jaap. Coming back very slowly and not yet up to 5 miles. Hopefully next time.

Sat, 10th Jan 2015 - 3:27 p.m.

Jaap, count me in. Sorry for late reply, I've only ust got back from skiing, no broken bones this time!

Sat, 10th Jan 2015 - 4:38 p.m.

Sorry Jaap. I'm still struggling with a torn calf so can't run at the moment,

Sat, 10th Jan 2015 - 5:18 p.m.

I will be there, although it will be a slow 5 miles!

Sat, 10th Jan 2015 - 6:21 p.m.

Hi all, from the responses we don't quite have a full team (neither men nor women), so anyone who is still in two minds: you'll be even more welcome than normally! Sunny spells and 5C, and just a bit of wind, so a nice day for blowing away the 2014 cobwebs. Let me know if you plan to be there.
Jaap

Sat, 10th Jan 2015 - 8:22 p.m.

Hi jaap me and Craig mills will be there

Sat, 10th Jan 2015 - 8:31 p.m.

Afaik Mark Weathersby is going

Sun, 25th Jan 2015 - 7:32 p.m.

Hi all,

Next week is leg 5 of the Frostbite season, in Bourne Woods. As always, the race starts at 11am, is free to enter, and all you need is some form of Pactrac kit (and a valid membership). This is the woodiest, most off-road and muddiest of the Frostbites, so it should be fun! Definitely one for off-road shoes - or wellies.

It seems like the previous race is only two weeks ago - and that's because it is. Some good running again, Paul got his fourth straight win; our 7th male scorer was 61th, which is about as good as it gets; well done Emma for scoring her first points. As a team we got 11th place, but we were only 150 points behind 5th. Most races seem incredibly tight this year so every point counts: think about that when you race for the line! We are now tied in 9th with Ramsey, and Werrington is 1 point ahead.

Race headquarters for Sunday is at Westfield School (PE10 9QS) in Bourne; you can find directions on http://www.frostbiteleague.org.uk/Default%20page/Bourne%20Directions%202015.pdf. Parking at the Woods itself is a lot closer by, but spaces are limited so it's worth being on time.

Let me know if you intend to run so that I have an idea of numbers. Also let us know if you need to buy Pactrac kit in order to take part.

By the way, we are also getting close to the nominations for Pactrac Frostbite runner of the year. There is a trophy for the best male and female runner. At the moment Paul Vernon and Amy Young are the favourites, but who knows what will happen in the last two races!

Thanks,
Jaap

Sun, 25th Jan 2015 - 7:43 p.m.

Japp, I'm in. Can't remember, is Bourne suitable for spikes or are studs the weapon of choice?

Sun, 25th Jan 2015 - 8:52 p.m.

Can't remember any tarmac, but the paths are either Hardcore, grass or mud (bog).

Sun, 25th Jan 2015 - 9:27 p.m.

After missing last one through no fault of my own, I'm back on board for this one.

Quite hard for anyone to compete with Paul for best male nomination(!)...id there a best newcomer nomination...? ;)

Mon, 26th Jan 2015 - 11:55 a.m.

Robert, I am sure you won't be too far behind Paul - great run at Brass Monkey and a top 10 finish! Sorry I can't make Bourne, off to Tenerife. Have fun in the mud and good luck to all, especially our speedy juniors!

Wed, 28th Jan 2015 - 8:58 a.m.

I should be there (not liking the sound of all the mud though!)

Thu, 29th Jan 2015 - 7:15 p.m.

Potentially a bit late for Sunday, but would be good for Hinchingbrooke, More Mile off road shoes, a steal at £20. I know a few people that have them and really rate them:
http://www.startfitness.co.uk/more-mile-cheviot-mens-trail-running-shoes-mm1383-lime-blk-1.html?gclid=CNzX7vvSuMMCFWjItAodcF0A6A

Sat, 31st Jan 2015 - 2:59 p.m.

Sorry for the late notice but I'm full of cold and it's looking unlikely that I'm going to be able to run tomorrow.

Sat, 31st Jan 2015 - 5:12 p.m.

Hi I'll be there 2moro

Sat, 31st Jan 2015 - 10:18 p.m.

Hi all, we are all a bit off so might not make it to tomorrow's race. If so, I'm sure you'll be able to sort things out between yourselves and get the envelope with numbers completed and handed in. The seniors envelope is usually picked up by someone from the Juniors' crew. And then we hand in both to the organisers at the end. Look for the lady with Werrington winter coat and matching ribbons in her hair (or ask anyone who looks official).
Jaap

Thu, 5th Feb 2015 - 2:41 p.m.

Well done to the Juniors who were 4th on the day. The Seniors were ... er ... 16th out of 16. Not sure where everybody was but we need 10 to count for a team, and managed ... 6.

Some good runs in amongst those 6 with Paul Vernon winning his 5th Frostbite of the season - out of 5. Paul is going for the full set of 6 at Hinchingbrooke on 1st March. Will YOU be there to witness it.

Sun, 22nd Feb 2015 - 4:36 p.m.

Hi all,

Next Sunday is the last Frostbite of the season. It's in Hinchingbrooke (Huntingdon) again, but with a different start and course than where we raced in December. It is similar to last year's final race though: there is about 1km of road, but the rest is track - some might be very muddy, depending on the weather. I think it's around 5.3miles, so adjust your goal times! See:
http://www.frostbiteleague.org.uk/Default%20page/Race6%202015%20BRJ%20Senior%20Frostbite%20course.pdf

The Race HQ is Hinchingbrooke Park School (Postcode PE29 3BN). Car parking will be even more of a challenge than normal with this race, because of building works. The organisers urgently encourage everyone to car share, but expect to end up in one or the Park & Rides in the area. Or you could cycle in, we are triathletes after all... For directions, see:
http://www.frostbiteleague.org.uk/Default%20page/Race%206%20directions%202015.pdf
For parking information, see:
http://www.frostbiteleague.org.uk/Default%20page/Race6%20car%20parking.pdf

As Steve wrote on the Forum, the Pactrac'ers who raced in Bourne did very well: Paul Vernon got his 5th win, Robert Brownlee came 10th, and there were excellent runs from Tim Brill, Steve Hope, Mariska Niemeijer and Cath Hunt. But sadly they were the only 6, so we came last. Pity - upward & onward! We are still in 11th place, and 10th is still achievable if we beat Eye Runners by two places.

As always, everyone is welcome, you just need to be a member and have some form of club kit (let me know if you need any). There is no entry fee, the start is at 11am, let me know if you plan to be there.

Series trophies will be awarded after the race, including the Pactrac Runner of the Series trophies. This was quite clear cut this year. Certainly no doubt for the men's team, with Paul winning each race. For the women's team it's Amy Young in her debut year - despite missing Bourne due to illness, she can't realistically be overtaken by anyone. We won't be able to attend the ceremony, so it would be good to know if anyone else is planning to.

Thanks,
Jaap

Sun, 22nd Feb 2015 - 4:49 p.m.

Hi,

Going to get my excuses in early here:

1) At Center Parcs with the family;
2) Injured and unable to run.

I'll leave it up to you to decide which one is worse. Either way, I won't be able to make it.

Cheers,
Rob

Sun, 22nd Feb 2015 - 5:52 p.m.

Hi Jaap. I have managed to run an almost pain-free, very slow 5 miles today. (Hurrah!) However, due to work commitments I can't make the race on Sunday (boo!) - Sorry. Well done to Paul and Amy - Both very worthy winners and deserving of their trophies.

Tue, 24th Feb 2015 - 4:41 p.m.

Count me in, I'll be there.

Wed, 25th Feb 2015 - 4:18 p.m.

Hi

I'm hoping to try the last and my first frostbite. Can I pick up a running vest on the day please :-)

Sat, 28th Feb 2015 - 7:52 a.m.

Hi all,
I currently only know of 4 confirmed runners for Sunday, so we will need a lot more to make a team. It would be good to hear from any others.
Jaap

Sat, 28th Feb 2015 - 8:06 a.m.

I'm a definite for tomorrow. Is it obvious where to go when I get there?

Sat, 28th Feb 2015 - 11:31 a.m.

Louise I've passed a selection of running vests to Steve Hope for you to try for tomorrow.

Sat, 28th Feb 2015 - 12:10 p.m.

I'm in.

Sat, 28th Feb 2015 - 3:59 p.m.

I will be there

Sat, 28th Feb 2015 - 6:14 p.m.

Hi Louise,
I'm sure you'll be fine. There will be people in high viz pointing you to the right car parks, and plenty of runners making their way to the Race HQ. And there you should hopefully find a group of Pactrac'ers! The Juniors start at 10.15, so if you are early you can cheer them on. No need to sign up or anything - you'll get a ticket with your position when you cross the finish line, which you hand in to me or another club member waiting there. See you tomorrow!
Jaap

Sat, 28th Feb 2015 - 9:25 p.m.

I'll be running tomorrow

Mon, 2nd Mar 2015 - 12:00 p.m.

Clearly, I've got nothing better to do!

PACTRAC's Roll of Honour in the Frostbite Friendly League:
(Results for year 1 - 1988-89 are not fully available).

YEAR.....WINNERS.....Our Pos'n....Junior's....PACTRACer of the series.
1989-90 Werrington .. 9/11 .... ---- .. ---------
1990-91 Werrington .. 6/10 .... ----
1991-92 Eye ............. 8/10 .... 8/8
1992-93 Werrington .. 6/10 .... 7/8
1993-94 Werrington .. 9/10 .... 6/8
1994-95 Riverside ..... 4/10 .... 6/8
1995-96 Riverside ..... 5/9 ...... 5/8
1996-97 PACTRAC ... 1/12 .... 4/8
1997-98 PACTRAC ... 1/12 .... 4/8
1998-99 Riverside ..... 4/14 .... 8/9
1999-00 Riverside ..... 7/15 .... 12/12
2000-01 Riverside ..... 9/16 .... 11/13 Richard Wittering / Jamie Dean
2001-02 Riverside ..... 14/16 ... 11/12 Steve Hope / Jamie Dean
2002-03 Riverside ..... 11/17 .... 9/13 Sheena Coxhead / Jamie Dean
2003-04 Ely ...............7/15 .... 12/12 Annette Wyld, James Cheshire, Dave Hutchinson / Lloyd Retzlaff
2004-05 Riverside ..... 10/17 .... 11/12 Simon Kail / Luke Banham
2005-06 Ely ...............10/17 .... 9/12 Rupert Conant / Zak Motter
2006-07 Riverside ..... 9/15 .... 12/12 Rob Hammond / Jazz Powell
2007-08 Riverside ..... 14/15 .. 12/12 Kathryn Hutchinson / Jazz Powell
2008-09 Riverside ..... 9/15 .... 12/12 Jaap Flikweert / ---
2009-10 NVHs ...........16/17 .... 13/13 John Luckins / ---
2010-11 C+C .............11/17 .. 10/13 Neil Oakey, Mariska Niemeijer/ Angelina Freeman,James Noble
2011-12 C+C .............7/16 .... 14/14 John Murray, Emma Cranfield / Matt Wouldham, Georgia Bullard
2012-13 Hunts AC .....11/16 .... 13/15 Paul Vernon, Mariska Niemeijer / Sam Garner
2013-14 NVHs ............9/16 .... 11/15 Steve Coombes, Roz Giles / Sam Garner, Katie Tasker
2014-15 NVHs ............11/16 ... 4/15 Paul Vernon, Amy Young / Flo Brill, Liam Stokes.

Mon, 2nd Mar 2015 - 1:34 p.m.

Roll of Honour - Top 10 Placings for PACTRACers:

1989-90 Race 2. 10th Dave Carr.
1989-90 Race 4. 4th Dave Carr.
1989-90 Race 5. 3rd Dave Carr.

1990-91 Race 1. 3rd D.A.Rudman. 8th Dave Carr. 10th Simon Hoppe.

1991-92 Race 1. 7th Simon Hoppe.
1991-92 Race 4. 6th Simon Hoppe.

1992-93 Race 2. 5th Dave Carr.
1992-93 Race 5. 7th Dave Carr.

1993-94 Race 5. 7th Steve Mould.

1994-95 Race 1. 5th Paul Baxter.
1994-95 Race 2. 1st MARK LEE.
1994-95 Race 3. 6th Paul Baxter.
1994-95 Race 4. 4th Paul Baxter.

1995-96 Race 1. 4th Paul Baxter. 8th Dougall Gow.
1995-96 Race 4. 10th Ian Thomas.

1996-97 Race 1. 8th Paul Baxter.
1996-97 Race 2. 3rd Steve Barratt.
1996-97 Race 3. 8th Steve Costall.
1996-97 Race 4. 9th Gary Pairaudeau.
1996-97 Race 5. 7th Gary Pairaudeau.

1997-98 Race 1. 10th Mark McBride.
1997-98 Race 2. 5th Gary Pairaudeau.
1997-98 Race 3. 6th Steve Costall. 7th Simon Hoppe.
1997-98 Race 4. 9th Gary Pairaudeau.
1997-98 Race 5. 5th Simon Hoppe. 10th Gary Pairaudeau.

1998-99 Race 2. 3rd Mark Beard. 10th Gary Pairaudeau.
1998-99 Race 3. 3rd Mark Beard. 9th Simon Hoppe.
1998-99 Race 4. 4th Simon Hoppe.
1998-99 Race 5. 9th Jon Vines.
1998-99 Race 6. 4th Mark Beard.

1999-00 Race 3. 7th Simon Hoppe.

2000-01 Race 2. 3rd Mark Laithwaite.

2001-02 ----

2002-03 Race 3. 9th Dave Hutchinson.
2002-03 Race 4. 8th Dave Hutchinson.

2003-04 Race 5. 6th Simon Hoppe. 7th Sean Beard.
2003-04 Race 6. 4th Sean Beard.

2004-05 ----

2005-06 Race 2. 9th Graeme Hall.
2005-06 Race 4. 6th Dave Hutchinson.

2006-07 Race 1. 1st MATT GUNBY.

2007-08 ----

2008-09 Race 2. 4th Josh Daniels.
2008-09 Race 5. 1st JOSH DANIELS.

2009-10 Race 2. 9th Josh Daniels.
2009-10 Race 4. 3rd Josh Daniels.

2010-11 Race 2. 6th Paul Vernon.
2010-11 Race 4. 1st PAUL VERNON. 4th Josh Daniels.
2010-11 Race 6. 2nd Josh Daniels. 3rd Paul Vernon.

2011-12 Race 1. 6th Paul Vernon. 7th John Murray.
2011-12 Race 2. 9th John Murray. 10th Paul Vernon.
2011-12 Race 3. 7th John Murray.
2011-12 Race 4. 7th Paul Vernon.
2011-12 Race 5. 8th Paul Vernon.

2012-13 Race 1. 7th Paul Vernon.
2012-13 Race 2. 7th Paul Vernon.
2012-13 Race 3. 3rd Paul Vernon.
2012-13 Race 4. 3rd Paul Vernon.
2012-13 Race 5. 2nd Paul Vernon.
2012-13 Race 6. 2nd Paul Vernon.

2013-14 Race 1. 2nd Paul Vernon.
2013-14 Race 3. 3rd Paul Vernon.
2013-14 Race 6. 5th Paul Vernon.

2014-15 Race 1. 1st PAUL VERNON.
2014-15 Race 2. 1st PAUL VERNON.
2014-15 Race 3. 1st PAUL VERNON.
2014-15 Race 4. 1st PAUL VERNON.
2014-15 Race 5. 1st PAUL VERNON. 10th Rob Brownlee.
2014-15 Race 6. 1st PAUL VERNON.

SO ... First Places go to:
1995 MARK LEE
2007 MATT GUNBY
2009 JOSH DANIELS
2011 PAUL VERNON
2015 PAUL VERNON
2015 PAUL VERNON
2015 PAUL VERNON
2015 PAUL VERNON
2015 PAUL VERNON
2015 PAUL VERNON.

PLUS THE CLUB WON THE OVERALL COMPETITION IN BOTH 1996-97 AND 1997-98.

Mon, 2nd Mar 2015 - 2:39 p.m.

PACTRAC went into the final Frostbite of the 6-run series at Hinchingbrooke in 11th place, just 2-points behind Eye. Although we finished 9th on the day, we stayed in 11th place overall, after Eye mustered a full team and were delighted to hold us off.

Paul Vernon won all 6 races in the series!!!

Oct - St.Neots 1st Paul Vernon 26:53 2) James Mogridge 27:28
Nov - Bushfield 1st Paul Vernon 26:25 2)Tom Bracegirdle 26:30
Dec - Hinchingbrooke 1st Paul Vernon 28:37 2) Matt Nicholson 29:10
Jan - March 1st Paul Vernon 27:56 2) David Connell 28:24
Feb - Bourne 1st Paul Vernon 28:21 2) James Mogridge 29:54
Mar - Hinchingbrooke 1st Paul Vernon 27:08 2) Lloyd Kempston 28:05

Apart from Paul Vernon (6 times), others to have appeared in the top 4 more than once this year are: James Mogridge (2), Tom Bracegirdle (2), Lloyd Kempston (2), David Connell (2), and Anthony Johnson (2).

Paul's margins of victory have been 35secs, 5, 33, 28, 93 and now 57 seconds.

He is not the first athlete to win every race in a series however. It was first achieved by S. Bogg from Werrington in the 1991-92 season and then emulated twice by Pete Galpin from BRJ in both 1998-99 and 1999-2000.

Other PACTRAC winners over the year's have been:

1995 Race 2. Mark Lee.
2007 Race 1. Matt Gunby.
2009 Race 5. Josh Daniels.
2011 Race 4. Paul Vernon.

Paul Vernon's previous top 10s are:
2011 Race 2. 6th.
2011 Race 4. 1st.
2011 Race 6. 3rd.

2012 Race 1. 6th.
2012 Race 2. 10th.
2012 Race 4. 7th.
2012 Race 5. 8th.

2013 Race 1. 7th.
2013 Race 2. 7th.
2013 Race 3. 3rd.
2013 Race 4. 3rd.
2013 Race 5. 2nd.
2013 Race 6. 2nd.

2014 Race 1. 2nd.
2014 Race 3. 3rd.
2014 Race 6. 5th.

Only one other PACTRACer achieved a top 10 this season - Rob Brownlee finished 10th in Race nr.5 at Bourne.

-----------

The Juniors went into the final race in 4th place, just 1-point behind Hunts AC.

The Juniors have really taken to the Frostbite Series this year, and WON the final round - the first time that they have ever done this. First from 15 teams kept them in 4th place overall, but now equal on points for 3rd place but just losing out on countback points. We got 84 points in this race, with Hunts AC getting 88, so it was a slim margin of victory by just 4 places.

This year, our Juniors finished 3, 4, 2, 3, 4 and 1 in the 6-race series, so were unlucky not to be in the top 3 overall against some fierce competition.

We had 7-Junior's who ran in all 6-races, with 25 of our Junior's taking part overall. Jonathan Oakey scored the most points for us finishing in the top 11 in every race. A couple of 4th places show the improvement that he has made this year.

This was our Junior's best ever position, matching the glory year's of 1997 and 1998, when the Juniors were 4th / 8 in both seasons. This year's 4th overall was from 15 teams. All of our Juniors will still be Junior's next year, but 1-year older, so we're looking forward to next year already.

Further Frostbite information regarding PACTRAC is on the above 2 postings.

Mon, 2nd Mar 2015 - 5:13 p.m.

Thanks Steve, all very flattering must have taken a while to research all that. Unfortunately I couldn't stay for the presentation due to a family commitment straight afterwards; the atmosphere at Hinchingbrooke yesterday (mostly generated by the juniors!) was fantastic. It was great to see the juniors do so well throughout the whole season, some top class up and coming talent for the future senior team.

I was chatting with one of my old race managers on Wednesday evening and he came out with something that I think every runner will concur with; running is a simple sport, but it's not an easy one....

Next frostbite in only 6 months, stay fit and injury free!

Mon, 2nd Mar 2015 - 6:25 p.m.

Well done Paul, what a fantastic achievement! I'm sure it was your inspirational running that spurred me on for my top 10 finish at Bourne ;)

Now, I only joined PACTRAC for Frostbite, but if you are in need of a runner for anything just let me know, e.g., keep me in the loop about that Round Norfolk Relay in September OK

Cheers,

Rob