Bike Ride Saturday 21st

Fri, 20th Nov 2015 - 4:08 p.m.

Bike ride for this week will be 48 miles, with a few lumps. The weather is due to be changeable and colder than recently, so as always dress appropriately (check the weather), helmets compulsory, and bring your spares, tools, food drink etc. It also goes without saying that your bike should be in good working order and you are self-sufficient if you get a puncture or need to leave the ride early for whatever reason. Lights may be needed if light levels are low - please be safe.

Finally just a reminder, these group rides are not coached sessions however there will be guidance and support for all that come along and loopbacks should ensure no one is left behind.

Here is the link to this week's route: http://www.gpsies.com/map.do?fileId=woatrusacydirwph

The bridge at Fothinghay is closed until further notice, and Jem's diner has closed, so until we find a new start point, can I suggest Oundle Wharf for now? It's central for Thapston and Peterborough, and there are plenty of cafe's in town for post-ride coffee & cake :-)

Fri, 20th Nov 2015 - 4:30 p.m.

Great. Count me in. What's the start time?

Fri, 20th Nov 2015 - 4:49 p.m.

Sorry, forgot to mention that! How does 9:30 suit?

Fri, 20th Nov 2015 - 5:27 p.m.

Might be a tad tight, but should make it.

Next obvious question - Where is Oundle Wharf?

Fri, 20th Nov 2015 - 5:57 p.m.

Can make it 10 if that's better, gives the temp a chance to climb another degree! Oundle wharfe is on your left as you cross the bridge coming into oundle from the A605. Tap & Kitchen and Gorilla Firm cycles are based there, so could map to their location.

Fri, 20th Nov 2015 - 6:03 p.m.

Brilliant.

10 it is!

Thanks

Fri, 20th Nov 2015 - 6:22 p.m.

Great, see you there.

Sat, 21st Nov 2015 - 8:13 a.m.

The ride is cancelled today as the weather is worse than expected. I'm going to turbo instead, and will take the mtb to fineshade later.

Sat, 21st Nov 2015 - 8:19 a.m.

Ok thanks, try again next weekend!

Tim

Sat, 21st Nov 2015 - 8:27 a.m.

Yep, fingers crossed for better weather :-)