River swimming.

Tue, 3rd May 2016 - 11:05 p.m.

Some mention was made at Oundle on Monday of the possibility of another swim on Thursday at Wadenhoe,is that likely to happen?

Phil.

Wed, 4th May 2016 - 9:24 a.m.

Hi Phil. Wadenhoe, Thursday 5th at 6.30pm. Amy M and Andrea are up for it, Jaap and Mariska were thinking about it. Haven't checked the FB page to see if any more have committed. I need to get in as I'm doing a Tri on Sunday and haven't done any open water yet (or that much swimming come to think of it.........). Hope to see you there.

Wed, 4th May 2016 - 11:16 a.m.

Yes,I'll be there.
Phil.

Wed, 4th May 2016 - 5:22 p.m.

Excellent. You never know, the good weather might tempt a few more! See you tomorrow.

Wed, 4th May 2016 - 9:16 p.m.

We plan to be there. It was fine on Monday, once used to it.... 8 or 9 people swam for about 20 mins, so I'm sure we can do at least the same tomorrow.

Thu, 5th May 2016 - 9:05 p.m.

Lovely swim tonight in a balmy 14 degrees. Thanks Phil for the flapjack. Really feels like open water season is here now that I've had my first dip and my first flapjack! I think there were 8 of us in all 8.5 if you count Hugo, as he's only little, but did look very smart in his life jacket/buoyancy aid, or whatever the pc thing is to call them these days. Also met a few coming the other way, plus the unexpected treat of a red kite eyeing us up from the bank, before taking off majestically and disappearing into the distance. Certainly a lot more swimmers than people going to vote at the polling station (8.5 versus none.....)

Thu, 5th May 2016 - 10:49 p.m.

Good to see you tonight Kate,and flattered to hear that the flapjack is still appreciated.Production will continue!
Good luck at the weekend!
Phil.

Fri, 6th May 2016 - 12:34 p.m.

Missed the fact that your swimming last night, or i would have come along. We did 45 minutes without wetsuits at Olney with a few other swimmers. It was 15 degrees. When does the official Thursday river swim start please?

Fri, 6th May 2016 - 9:01 p.m.

Flapjack is most definitely appreciated Phil, and thanks for good luck wishes. I'm happy to go in again next Thursday at the same time and place. Not sure about the start of the Nene swim Shaun, but suspect it will be soon.

Fri, 6th May 2016 - 10:49 p.m.

Thanks for the info Kate,I'll see you next Thursday.

Sun, 8th May 2016 - 10:12 p.m.

Sounds good to do another up-and-down at Wadenhoe, the 2.5 of us are planning to be there. It did feel much better than the 10 degrees on Monday, but possibly a bit early to start at Woodford.

Wed, 11th May 2016 - 12:04 p.m.

Beth intends to come as well.She suggested that we might consider swimming Aldwincle Bridge to Wadenhoe.Presumably Dave is willing to transport us!!

Wed, 11th May 2016 - 6:38 p.m.

Presumably that's the Thorpe to Wadenhoe stretch? I'm up for giving it a go, just hoping to get out of work on time. If not there at appointed hour, go without me and I'll swim up and meet you from the Wadenhoe end.