Frostbite Friendly League 2023 - 2024.

Tue, 22nd Aug 2023 - 5:46 p.m.

Dates and venues are:

08 Oct 23 – Priory Park, St.Neots.
05 Nov 23 – Nene Park, Ferry Meadows.
10 Dec 23 – Braza Club, March.
14 Jan 24 – Hinchingbrooke, Huntingdon.
04 Feb 24 – Ramsey Leisure Centre, Ramsey.
10 Mar 24 – Jubilee Park, Huntingdon.

As discussed at the AGM, races 1 and 2 will start 30 minutes earlier with the juniors off at 9:45 and the seniors at 10:30.

Sun, 8th Oct 2023 - 10:28 p.m.

St.Neots Frostbite results:

113. Chris Pike ........ 36:08
118. Andy Corner ....... 36:24
140. Simon Guerin ...... 37:28
161. Steve Hope ........ 38:15
229. Steve Skelhon ..... 41:20
343. Mariska Niemeijer . 48:09
416. Roy Mayhew ........ 57:42
429. Georgina Jennings . 65:40

Team of 8 with top 10 to count: 15th / 16.

Juniors:

83. Hugo Flikweert .... 10:55.

Team of 1 with top 5 to count: 13th / 13.

Wed, 18th Oct 2023 - 12:34 p.m.

I know most of you will be running at the next Frostbite at Nene Park on Sunday 5th November, which is great.

However, if you're not running, and would still like to be involved in the event, please consider helping the host club, Bushfield Joggers, by marshalling on the day.

Message from Polly at Bushfield below -

"We are in real need of help from other clubs to marshal the next Frostbite at Nene Park. We are only a small club, so it's hard to get enough marshals together and have enough runners left to put forward a team.

Please can you put out a request for volunteers? Anyone who can help can email me at secretary@bushfieldjoggers.co.uk

Many thanks
Polly"

If you are able to help, please contact Polly direct on the email above.

Wed, 1st Nov 2023 - 11:21 a.m.

"Course maps are now online for Race 2 hosted by Bushfield which takes place on Sunday – 5th November.

Juniors is the same as last year - two loops of the field, but a slight change for the seniors who go out across the road, and back via the watersports centre. Due to the race area it isn’t possible to post maps close to the start / finish so please share with members before the race.

There was an incident at St Neots involving overtaking runners. Please stress to members the need to be considerate when passing other runners. On Sunday there will be an element of two way traffic so if faced with runners coming towards you please ensure everyone has space to run unimpeded."

C:\Users\steph\AppData\Local\Temp\3dd4f9b4-599b-4942-a2f9-3ed2f4b23236_Frostbite Course maps.zip.236\Screenshot 2023-10-28 at 17.38.50.png

Mon, 20th Nov 2023 - 4:06 p.m.

Race Two - Ferry Meadows.

34. Scott Lloyd ............... 32:26
39. Jaap Flikweert .......... 32:43
87. Christian Richards .... 35:11
136. Simon Guerin .......... 37:06
171. Susie Freeman ........ 38:29
194. Tony Birch-James .... 39:13
247. Steve Skelhon .......... 41:25
250. Daniel Richardson .... 41:27
293. Stuart Neal ............... 44:11
294. Willow Worthington ... 44:13
420. Carol Smallman ........ 54:00
423. Roy Mayhew ............. 54:18
433. Annette Wyld ............. 58:02
459. Georgina Jennings ..... 66:41

14th place. Overall 14/14 after 2 events.

Juniors:
77. Hugo Flikweert .... 13:02
97. India Lazenby ..... 13:48

13th place. Overall 13/13 after 2 events (We need 5 juniors for a team).

Wed, 6th Dec 2023 - 7:56 a.m.

Frostbite 3 - at March on Sunday 10th December.

Juniors start at 9:45 and seniors at 10:30. These start times will continue throughout the season following positive feedback.

I have attached parking details. Due to the recent wet weather parking is more limited than usual so please encourage members to car share where possible. A gentle reminder also asking people not to park on the road adjacent the sports field as this forms part of the course.

file:///C:/Users/steph/Downloads/Race3MarchACMap2023.pdf

Sun, 10th Dec 2023 - 5:42 p.m.

Frostbite at March in December - Team of 10 (or 6 in our case) 15th/16.
Remain in 15th overall:

61 Chris Northern .......... 36:14
182 Steve Hope ............. 42:58
240 Stuart Neal .............. 46:47
297 Mariska Niemeijer .... 51:19
318 Carol Smallman ....... 54:29
328 Sue Davys ................ 56:54

Juniors - Team of 5: 13th/13. Remain 13th overall.
76 Hugo Flikweert .... 13:26

Mon, 8th Jan 2024 - 12:40 p.m.

"I hope you all had a good Christmas and wishing everyone a Happy New Year.

Race 4 in the 2023/24 series is just a week away, the race being hosted by Hunts AC at Hinchingbrooke Country Park.

As we are all aware there has been considerable flooding in the last few days following the recent storms and torrential rain and many will also know that the Hinchingbrooke parkrun was cancelled yesterday as the paths were not accessible. A course recce has been completed and you will be glad to know that the water levels have started to recede and with no further rain forecast this week its looking good for our race, subject of course to approval from the park management. So fingers crossed everyone please!

Parking. Only the first car park at Hinchingbrooke Hospital is free of charge for runners. There is more parking on the 2nd car park where you will need to take the yellow disc at the entry barrier and pay when leaving. Marshals will be directing runners.

Further chargeable parking is available at the park. This car park you will need to pay and collect a ticket at the machine.

Please do NOT park on the adjacent roads so as not to upset the neighbours as we would like to continue being able to use the park.

Regards
Dave"

Tue, 9th Jan 2024 - 4:39 p.m.

FROSTBITE POSTPONED.

"Unfortunately, Hunts AC were told earlier today by the Facilities Manager at Hinchingbrooke Park that the race on Sunday would have to be cancelled due to the conditions in the park after the flooding. Seems that the the water hasn't receded and there is a considerable amount of mud that they deem to be dangerous. Whilst disappointing I know the safety of the runners and volunteers must be the first consideration.

Hunts AC are speaking to the Park team in the hope of rescheduling the race to mid / late Feb. Don’t worry, we will stay clear of 11th Feb so as not to clash with the Stamford 30K.

Dave."

Fri, 12th Jan 2024 - 1:24 p.m.

Please see the email below from Dave Richmond.
If you are able to help marshal at the event on 4th February, please email Dave direct at dave@frostbiteleague.org.uk

Email received from Frostbite Dave:

"Subject: Frostbite Race Update.

There has been quite a bit of activity going on in the background in the past couple of weeks to make sure that we have 6 races this year and I’m please to let you know that The Hunts AC hosted race which was scheduled to take place this coming Sunday – 14th Jan but had to be cancelled due to flooding has been rescheduled to Sunday 25th February. Thanks to Hunts AC for sorting this.

The race which was to be held at Ramsey on 4th Feb will now take place at Nene Park, Peterborough. Given the race is only three weeks away, we will use the same course as the November race, hopefully without the water feature! The race is not hosted by a specific club and therefore I’m looking for volunteers to help make this happen. Please share and ask your club members to step forward and help if possible. Ideal for those who may be injured to still be part of the race. All offers to me please by Sunday 28th January. I really need your support on this to allow the race to take place.

The website and facebook page will be updated tomorrow to reflect the changes.

Regards.
Dave."

Mon, 29th Jan 2024 - 10:03 a.m.

"Just a week to go until the next race in the 2023/24 series which will be held at Nene Park, Peterborough on 4th Feb with the juniors starting at 9:45 and seniors at 10:30.

There are some building works being undertaken in the park which does impact the available parking and runners / spectators are asked to share where possible to minimise traffic. Parking is chargeable as follows:

Up to 2 hours £3.20

Up to 3 hours £4.80

Up to 4 hours £5.80

Alternative parking is available at Thorpe Wood (PE3 6SQ) approx. one mile from the race start/finish area at £3.30 for up to 24 hours.

The toilet block adjacent the first car park and visitor centre are currently closed for building work, the toilets at the (Watersports) are available.

Due to further works being undertaken to create a new read bed area the course is subject to change, and I will publish details later in the week once it has been confirmed which course we can use.

See you all on Sunday.
Regards.
Dave.

Tue, 30th Jan 2024 - 11:06 p.m.

"Just received a call from Nene Park to say that following an emergency meeting this afternoon regarding issues experienced over last weekend due to reduced car parking with the building works taking place they are unable to allow the race to go ahead Sunday on safety grounds. I have been told that no events such as Frostbite can take place before at least early April.

As you will understand at this stage of the game it is not possible to reschedule or move venues and I must therefore advise that the race is cancelled. I know this will be a disappointment but I’m sure you will understand. The next race is therefore on Sunday 25th February at Hinchingbrooke hosted by Hunts AC. This will mean of course that the 2023/24 series will now be just the five events.

I would like to thank everyone who offered to help with the race on Sunday, the response was incredible.

Dave."

Mon, 19th Feb 2024 - 6:27 p.m.

FROSTBITE CANCELLED 25th February 2024.

"I’m afraid that the weather has again beaten us and the race at Hinchingbrooke has been cancelled as the park is entirely underwater. The race had of course already been rescheduled from January and thank you to Hunts AC for trying to ensure we didn’t lose the event, but we just can’t beat the weather.

Given the amount of rainfall we have experienced recently, I’m sure this will not be too much of a surprise, but still very disappointing.

With the loss of Hinchingbrooke and the cancellation of the race at Nene Park earlier this month it does of course mean that the series will this year comprise of only four races with the final event hosted by BRJ on Sunday 12th March.

I will update the website and facebook pages, but please share with your members using your clubs normal comms method.

See you on 12th.
Regards.
Dave."

Tue, 5th Mar 2024 - 8:23 a.m.

Email from the Frostbite League:

"It’s a while since we last got together for a race, but this Sunday we can for the final race of the year at Jubilee Park, Huntingdon, hosted by BRJ.

Alice Edwards will be Race Director on Sunday, course as you would expect is a little muddy in places but should dry out nicely if we have no more significant rain fall.

The course remains unchanged from previous years , but there are a couple of pleas.

Parking: As in previous years it has been requested that runners refrain from parking on the roadside verges

There is limited packing at the Crem - please ensure that you DO NOT park on the grass verges and ONLY park in the designated parking areas

There is parking at SAPLEY play ground and on the housing estate the other side of the main road, which is a short walk away

So please can runners allow sufficient time to park safely and arrive in plenty of time to enjoy the race.

Juniors start at 9:45 and seniors at 10:30.

There will be a presentation after the senior race in the club house to award the trophies for the year so pleased stay if you can. The kitchen is open for teas, coffee and other refreshments and as with previous years - we can use the facilities FOC as our revenue helps them so it would be goods if this was well supported.

Runners/Supporters need to refrain from walking on the top pitches as these have been reseeded and have had flood lights installed so the only access will be for runners. If in doubt please ask a marshal where you can walk.

Ramsey have been able to restart the junior section and asked back in December if they could take part again. Of course things haven’t exactly worked out very well this year as we haven’t had a race since but hopefully you all support the inclusion of Ramsey again and they should be fielding some juniors on Sunday. I have adjusted the score sheet to include Ramsey and stress that this does not affect any league positions as can be seen from the attachment.

See you on Sunday.

Dave

Sun, 10th Mar 2024 - 7:16 p.m.

Jubillee Park 100324.

218. Carol Smallman .... 56.30
229. Roy Mayhew ........ 58.59

That's it. 2 members competed. It needs 10 to make a team.

We finished 15th/16, ahead of Ramsey.

Juniors.
NONE.
Ramsey beat us by enough points to overtake us at the final hurdle and leave us rock bottom 14th/14.