Club Biathlon

Fri, 11th Jan 2013 - 10:55 a.m.

I see that we have a Biathlon on 27th Jan and if my backs recovered in time i'd like to do it. I'm just wondering how the transition works for it? Assuming it'll be cold and psossibly wet, do people properly dry themselves and change or do a quick dry and throw on some shorts and a top? If the transition area the changing rooms then? Is the transition still timed in the same way that the mini's are?

Sorry for all the questions - i'd just like to make sure i'm prepared and bring the right kit :)

Fri, 11th Jan 2013 - 5:54 p.m.

It's up or down to the individual. In recent times, we have gone straight out aka the Mini-Series, but if you want a proper change, the changing rooms are still available. The clock is still ticking. If we have a lot of competitor's then we may have to revert to the changing rooms. Otherwise with just a few of us, we can go straight out.

This race determines the handicapping for the 2nd race, which is a Trophy race, so some unscrupulous individuals have been known to go through the changing rooms and do their hair, nails, 3 layers of clothing etc in race 1 and then straight out in race 2.

Sat, 12th Jan 2013 - 1:39 p.m.

under BTA rules you need to have your torso covered, we will have to DQ anyone running bare chested

seriously the best option as it may be a bit chilly to race in a tri suit, is a long sleeved top with a full length zip. This is much easier to put on than pulling a top over your head when you are wet

Mon, 21st Jan 2013 - 11:11 a.m.

Thanks guys.

This really could get cold on Sunday!

Wed, 30th Jan 2013 - 11:01 a.m.

Hi Guys how did the Biathon go? I was not able to attend because I was travelling back from France on the Eurostar. Hope you had a good time and look forward to seeing you soon. Sue

Wed, 30th Jan 2013 - 11:15 a.m.

I really enjoyed it!

We were quite lucky on the day because the temperature wasn't too bad. I followed Graeme's advice and popped on a long sleeve cycle jersey over my tri suit but could probably have got away without it. The wind was nasty though... particularly the stretch uphill on Cotterstock road which was straight into the wind.

Can't wait for the next one :)

It was a cracking time from Nathan!