Event Sign Up

Wed, 30th Jan 2013 - 11:17 a.m.

I was wondering how hard it would be to add something that would allow people to click something on an event page to say whether or not they think they will be doing it? It might help the organisers a bit with getting a feel for the sizing. It probably wouldnt help with non-members mind you.

Fri, 1st Feb 2013 - 5:34 p.m.

That's already on my to-do list so it's promising to hear the suggestion!

I'm also putting together a list of all the multisport events in the country. So you'll be able to click something next to non-PACTRAC races too. The idea is that this will give you a sense of what interest there is in various races amongst club members. I'll introduce that properly soon.

I'm thinking of giving a choice between a) interested in going and b) intend to go.

The non-members make it a bit more difficult, I agree.

Sun, 3rd Feb 2013 - 5:36 p.m.

Nice one Alan.

I have to say you do a cracking job on the website. I'm not sure if you get regular feedback but I jut wanted to say thanks!

Sun, 3rd Feb 2013 - 9:29 p.m.

Thank you for the compliment :)

Mon, 27th May 2013 - 4:35 p.m.

This is where I'm at with this idea. Feedback would be very welcome. Thanks.

Mon, 27th May 2013 - 4:36 p.m.

Another picture

Tue, 28th May 2013 - 3:14 p.m.

The latter one has a good list of questions. How interactive is it, or does it rely on people messaging like I am now? Would their be a list of volunteers to date, and a cut off once enough volunteers had registered?

Tue, 28th May 2013 - 3:44 p.m.

Hi Steve,

So in case it isn't clear from the screenshots, you click on the bar in the top screenshot where it currently says 'I am available to volunteer'. This then pops up the list in the second screenshot. You click on your answer and it updates the list of responses.

You can see in the top screenshot a list of people who have used this feature to volunteer. As well as those you have said they will be entering, etc.

I can certainly add the ability to specify the number of volunteers needed for each event and add the cutoff.

Tue, 28th May 2013 - 4:23 p.m.

This looks good Alan. The nr of volunteers required and a cut off would be good. Worth putting on with immediate effect.

Tue, 28th May 2013 - 4:27 p.m.

Okay. I'll just activate it as it is now and see how people use it. I can add the cut off feature ASAP and continue to improve it as we see it in action.

Thanks for the feedback Steve.

Tue, 28th May 2013 - 7:50 p.m.

I've activated the feature in its current state. More updates to come so I'm interested in more feedback. Thanks.

Wed, 29th May 2013 - 3:37 p.m.

Tried it, and signed up to volunteer novice.

Looks good.

Any idea when the cut off might be functional. Is 7 right Steve?

Wed, 29th May 2013 - 4:16 p.m.

Depends on what other work distracts me but should be added in a few days.

Wed, 29th May 2013 - 4:37 p.m.

For the Mini-Series we will need 9 volunteers - 4 marshal's out on the course, 2 car park marshal's, 2 Timekeepers and an overall organiser.

Can we split this down into volunteering to organise (1), Timekeep (2) and marshal (6).

Tue, 4th Jun 2013 - 7:42 p.m.

I can't see the marshaling drop down box. Is it not there or am I not looking properly?!

Ignore above. You have to be logged in to see it!

Tue, 4th Jun 2013 - 7:46 p.m.

It's just a general volunteering option at the moment. I shall be adding the ability to choose the specific role soon. (I started to implement it actually, but have been sidetracked by other work for a few days.)

Thu, 20th Jun 2013 - 10:46 p.m.

Finally found time to progress the volunteering feature a little.

Now when an admin edits an event they can specify how many of each type of volunteer is required. This will then show up under the 'race officials' section when viewing the event.

An admin then has the ability to assign a member to each role by clicking on the 'Assign volunteers' link under the race officials heading.

It's not that different from the current manual process of just writing who has volunteered for what, but I can build on this to highlight which races still need volunteers, who has volunteered for what in the past etc, and for adding that cut off feature.

To start with I've implemented this as a separate thing from the above feature because I figured it was important that an admin could also assign people who had volunteered in person.

Anyway, take a look. Let me know what you think and then I will make some more improvements.

Thanks.

Wed, 26th Jun 2013 - 1:40 p.m.

Hi Alan.

The Volunteers page is missing from tonight's Mini-5. I believe that people have volunteered who we cannot now see. Thanks. Steve.

Wed, 26th Jun 2013 - 2:18 p.m.

ah yes, it disappears on the day of the event. I've uploaded a quick fix.

Fri, 12th Jul 2013 - 4:42 p.m.

Is anyone going to the NICETRI Duathlon on the 21st of July?