Christmas Swim Sessions

Wed, 19th Oct 2016 - 10:08 a.m.

We have been discussing what to do with the Christmas swim sessions, as last year, we only have 7 people who swam on the session between xmas and new year.
It is not financially viable for the club to lay on a session when only so few attend, as we have the have the cost of pool hire and coaches to consider.
Can i have a show of hands here, or on the FB post please for who will use this session if we take it on.
Thank you

Thu, 20th Oct 2016 - 8:11 a.m.

Yep. I have nothing better to do.

Fri, 21st Oct 2016 - 10:18 p.m.

Hi all, we have over 20 people interested, so we will be hiring the full pool for the Wednesday and Friday between Xmas and New Year. We may not have a coach poolside though, this will be confirmed nearer the time.
Thanks for your input.

Fri, 21st Oct 2016 - 10:30 p.m.

The Committee are currently looking at ways to see how we can reduce the shortfall on pool hire. (We make a loss and essentially need more people to swim!) As such we were concerned at the possibility of low attendances over the Christmas period. We asked for a commitment from the members to ensure that the Christmas sessions would be viable; and I'm pleased to say that we have had enough expressions of interest to make it worth our while putting on two swims between Christmas and the new year.

We have coaches in place for both Wednesday 28th and Friday 30th December, and now just need the members (you) to turn up and make our financial commitment pay for itself. Thank you to those that have brought this decision to fruition.

All of our normal swimming sessions will take place over Christmas, except:

Friday 16th December - NO swimming.

Monday 26th December - NO swimming.

Monday 2nd January - NO swimming.