Fat oxidation research.

Sat, 1st Oct 2022 - 6:16 p.m.

Email received:

"We are inviting your Club members to participate in our upcoming research project! We are a research team based at the Cambridge Centre for Sport and Exercise Sciences at Anglia Ruskin University. Our group has the principal aim of performing research with a real impact on the general population’s health and well-being.

With this in mind, we will be starting in October 2022 to assess whether changes in fat oxidation from regular consumption of green tea supplementation are related to your genes. This study will involve ONLY 3 short visits to our ARU Cambridge lab to undertake a simple cycle test to assess fat oxidation rates before and after 8 weeks of daily green tea supplementation these will be given to you FREE of charge for you to take home. In addition to this, we will give you a FREE gene testing kit worth £125 (a simple cheek swab process) which you can also do at home.

I have attached the (formal) information sheet as part of our ethical approval process for reference. To qualify for the study, you need to be:

Male 18-45, female 18-55.
Generally healthy (i.e., no diabetes, high blood pressure or heart disease), with the desire to lose weight (body mass index of 25-33).
Consider yourself ‘recreationally active’ i.e., exercise generally 2-4x per week.
Not taking any medication or supplements which might influence the study.

Benefits of taking part:

Obtain FREE information relating to individual fitness levels.
Fat max optimisation training zone.
FREE assessment of body composition as well as nutritional intake.
FREE gene profile with reference to fat-burning potential.

We, hope that this might interest you, if you wish to support us, please get in touch and share the attached flyer on your social media platform/s and with your club members.

If any of the club members are interested or for further information, please do not hesitate to contact the lead researcher:

Dr Justin Roberts,

Email: Justin.roberts@aru.ac.uk "